You just gotta laugh!

willem

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:39 pm

I am a huge bleus fan,,A brother in law too,,when i thought to play some bleus for him, he said '''man that looks like a wals.'' i think i have never solved that problem YET!!!

tovo

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 pm

willem wrote:
I am a huge bleus fan,,A brother in law too,,when i thought to play some bleus for him, he said '''man that looks like a wals.'' i think i have never solved that problem YET!!!
Hey Willem. Are you saying he thought your blues sounded like a waltz?! That's harsh mate! I wouldn't have been thrilled with that comment at all!

Thanks for some cool responses all round. Rick your Country Roads story made me laugh out loud. Chas, stay off the gas mon!

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:38 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
My friend is having another music night at his house tomorrow night where people play everything from guitar to the spoons. I'll be bringing my GS Mini.

Will let you know what's said about my playing (if anything) and how it goes.

I was at the jam/gathering last night. Was a little frustrating actually.
About 15 or 20 people, but about 5 or 6 guitars. Unfortunately there was one person in particular that just steamrolled over everyone else- both in song selection and execution. Everything was sung and strummed at FULL VOLUME. Tough to compete- and didn't really want to. Just kinda picked and strummed away doing my own thing.

There was one REALLY good guitarist there that I just enjoyed watching. He knew every song- and if he didn't- he knew how to noodle his way through it. Just a great player and entertainer all round- kind of guy that makes you think 'why bother- I'll never be THAT good'. Although I did fingerpick Blackbird and he didn't know it.

TAKE THAT!!

:P

tovo

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey Al thanks for sharing that. Sounds pretty frustrating actually. Without any hesitation I would back you to hold your own in any company. I like the way you handled it.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
I'd be completely incapable of playing if I drank more than two glasses of wine... so I never mix music and drink. I'd Never make a rock star!
Hmmm cheap night when we visit you then. But again the glasses are this size in Cuckoo land
Ah Chas, I was talking performance... not get-to-gether-lets jam between friends! ;-)

But you're right about the glass size here in cuckoo land!

Al, man, just get in there and kick ass next time... you're good! Just turn it up to 11. :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic