TG Members Jam Session in Green Lake, Wisconsin USA

Hydroman52

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I’ve been kicking around this idea for a while, and, with the help of other TGers, it’s finally going forward. I am organizing a TG Members Jam Session in Green Lake, Wisconsin. This first one is sort of experimental and a testing of the waters for others in the future. The date is set for Saturday, March 26th from 10:00am – 6:00pm and may go later if needed. There is no charge to attend. If you would like to bring (sponsor) a non-TG musician that will be okay, too.

Due to the size of the venue (it’s just a regular house), I would like to limit it to around 12 musicians but may be able to accommodate a couple more if the interest is there. I plan on having a break-out room available if we want to split the group as we see fit. If the weather is warm, we can even expand to an outside deck.

It will be all acoustic (this includes acoustic/electric) instruments only. Sorry, no screaming electrics at this time. Singing will be encouraged, and harmonies are a bonus.

Refreshments will be YOYO (You’re On Your Own), but don’t despair . . . there are lots of restaurants within a few minutes drive and a couple of good pizza places that will deliver. Lots of options.

Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or experienced guitar player, you are welcome and encouraged to reserve your seat. Anyone interested should send me a PM for more details and to put your name on the list of attendees. I would appreciate those wishing to attend to let me know by March 20th. As of the posting of this notice, there are 8 seats available.

The exact event location will be given to you when you reserve your place, but I will let you know that it is only about a 5 minute drive from the center of the City of Green Lake. If you go to www.maps.google.com and type Green Lake, WI 54941 into the search field, you should get an idea of where this will take place.

Hydroman52

millponddave

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Wow, that sounds like a great idea, and a lot of fun. Too bad I'm in Utah. I hope that you get a great response.

Dave

skaladar

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

I agree, this is a super idea. Kudos to you Hydro (and those involved) for organizing this day long jam session. Woodstock, Monterey watch out! I wish I wasn't a thousand miles away. I hope you get lots of responses and the day goes well ... Please make sure the cameras are running. There's no doubt everyone in the TG community will be very interested in sharing in the days events.

Ken

lueders

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 am

Man, I wish I had the time and funds right now for this...what a great project you have taken on with this!! I applaud your efforts. This could really be something....might turn into a big annual sha-bang!

heatndude

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm

YA know Ill be there Rick. Cant wait.

Mark

Hydroman52

Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:03 am

Dave - Thanks for the support. Wish you lived in Ripon (that’s the next town to the east).

Ken – Good to hear from you. We’re hoping that it doesn’t turn into Woodstock . . . . what would the neighbors think? Cameras are planned, just hope we don’t forget to press the RECORD button. When I get zoned out on the guitar, the rest of the world fades away, and things like that happen.

Cori – I feel your pain. It’s either too much time and no money, or no time and too much money. In my case, normal is no time and no money. It would be nice to jam to Alison (great song) with you at the Green Lake house event . . . . maybe next time.

Mark – The heatndude . . . . . . the MAN! I'm going to let on right now that you are the mystery TG member that has been instrumental (pun intended) in getting this thing rolling. It’s good to have someone to brainstorm with and keep things on track. Looking forward to meeting you and sharing good times.

All you folks in the Wisconsin area . . . . . don’t be shy. No matter what your ability, this is a good opportunity to expand your guitar playing horizons. You’ve already taken the first step and joined the TG community, here’s a chance to get out and mingle with others who share your passion and learn their tips, tricks, and techniques. We might even tell a joke or two.

There are still seats available. PM me to reserve yours.

Hydroman52

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Good luck with a great idea...Hmmm a NZ Jam if you guys want to travel up to 12000kms I'll organise it! NZ rocks !!

can't wait for the movie, will there be a T-shirt?

heatndude

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Just wanted to post something to keep this thread on top of the heap !

Chas if you show up I will buy you a cheese head hat and a Tee shirt (I get to choose the shirt hehe)

Mark

Hydroman52

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 am

Hey Chas,

Thanks for the well wishing. Hope all is going better in you part of the world . . . . . with the earthquake and all. I’ve been following and it looks very tragic. Wishing you, your family, and friends a safe passage through it all. Never know when nature will deal a bad hand.

As far as the jam session, we had figured on taking some video, but never thought of doing any swag (t-shirts, can cozies, mugs, hats, pins, etc.). Maybe the next one. We’re just putting our toes into the water here to see how things go.

I did put the notice in the TG "Groups, Events" area. At first, it didn’t show up, but I filed a quick support ticket and the TG crew jumped all over it. Now it’s all fixed and you can see it here:

Green Lake Jam Event Notice

For some reason, it’s not showing on the Community Map, but I would imagine that would be a more difficult thing to work out.

Looking forward to this . . . stay tuned. Anyone can send me a PM if you wish to attend. There are still seats open.

Hydroman52

Hydroman52

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 am

Everything is falling into place for the jam session next Saturday. We still have seats open, and, if there are no takers, I will invite some local musician friends to sit in. Let me know by the end of the day today (March 21st) to reserve a seat. Otherwise, we may fill up due to the limited space. We have decided to open it up to electric guitars, too (with the emphasis on acoustic).

I now have a Bose L1 Model II PA system with the TI ToneMatch thing (mixer, effects, etc.) to use for the event and it seems to do a good job. But I don’t know all that much about PA gear and it could sound like crap for all I know. One minor setback is that the line array of this thing is about 88 inches tall when assembled and the ceiling in the room that I wanted to have the jam in is too low. So I had to move most of the furniture out of the big room upstairs and set up there. All is on track now.

So, anyone interested, please send a PM to me by the end of today if you would like be certain to reserve a seat.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic