After the thrill of the chase.......

willem

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Mark,,i think we all bin there,,,when i visit Vanessa we talked before which songs,,man i said a lot of numbers,,when we tryed i was'nt able to do whole songs,,for me it works a bit like,,,well,ones a month we come with friends together and play songs we know(for me not soooo much) but we can bring also other songs in for the next time,,then i go for some learning on these,,now do i like to play with my friend but i want(if he wants) that he is playing the lead or other stuff(i want that to but can't YET),,but when there is a song we both like i go for the whole thing and a month later we try this out....of cause i to bring songs in and practice those to give it go on such a evening and hope they they like it,, when they like it,,well again i go for it,,the goal must be set,,then i want to learn to whole thing and go for it,,,in the meanwhile i go a lot in bits of a song,, i watch every new lesson to know if it can grap me,,in skill and song...hope my writtings make since...

sws626

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Mark,

I find myself in the situation all the time -- especially the day after I've posted something I've been working on for a while, am ready to move on, but don't yet really have a plan to guide the next choice. I have a long list of songs I would like to learn and a pretty good idea about what skills I'm hoping each would help improve. But still find myself casting about, almost in anguish, until I've settled on the next challenge.

-Stuart

michelew

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Mark,

Have you been peaking around in my head??? Watch out it's messy in there.

Well you describe exactly what it feels like for me too> That's also my experience of having just posted a song and then looking for the next project that is worth driving yourself (and your partner) crazy over, or the next one that you just want to learn, or whatever.

I feel like I really need to consolidate what I've learned at the moment too, but I've got a couple of things that I really want to finish and then leave for a while, and then there are the new ones that I want to learn because they are fun to play with people around. Decisions, decisions... Damn marshmellows. I don't even really like the things that much.

You sure you weren't peaking in my head?

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic