How many and why

thedancer

Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 am

Hi all you TG guys and gals

I traded in my Martin D42 and got myself a Yamaha CPX15e11 and a Taylor 312ce. As soon as I picked up the Yamaha I knew I had to have it, it felt so lovely to hold and when I played it I thought it sounded so much better than my Martin D42. So I asked the guy if he would take my Martin of my hands and he said yes. So I got the Yamaha and with the money left over I got the Taylor 312ce and an acoustic amp and two guitar straps and 4 sets of elixir strings . I have left the Yamaha in normal tuning and I have tuned the Taylor to DADDAD and started learning 4+20 by Crosby,Stills,Nash &Young . I may one day buy another Martin but next time I would buy an electro acoustic.

Dancer

AcousticAl

Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 am

I just looked up the list price of a Martin D42.

After I picked myself off the floor- I tried to find the Yamaha you bought, but I couldn't.

The Yamaha must be an amazing instrument to win you over that Martin.

Looking forward to a video..

AcousticAl

Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 am

I guess I should list my guitars..

Martin DC16-GTE- full sized dread. solid wood, cutaway with electronics. Warm, full tone My 'good guitar' that I try to take care of. Kept in the case when not being used. I'm told by fellow TG-er Wrench (who analyzed the sound) that I've got a real winner with this Martin. It's in a league with guitars that he's tested valued at much,much more.

Taylor GS Mini- parlor guitar. Solid top, laminate back & sides. A lot brighter tone- especially with Elixer strings that it came with I leave this one out all the time for when the urge strikes to play.

Yamaha Silent guitar- this is supposed to be my 'late night practice guitar'. But I haven't played it in quite a while. Toying with the idea of selling it. Will see.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic