NEW TAYLOR GUITAR SOUND CHECK

willem

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:54 am

That was a great sounding guitar but did i understand it right in your post that a diffrent but same type guitar sounded not so as the one you bought??

ffsooo3

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 am

Nice sound. Looking forward to seeing it as well! Good job on the multi-tracking BTW.

buddy

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Tommy, Yep I really pulled on over on that salesman :-0

Jeff, I was surprised as well about thier high-end guitar selection.

MarM, I am sure I will still use the two seagulls as they each work better with certain types of songs. The cedar top Seagul just has an amazing warm tone to it.

Dennis, Yep I drank the coolaid :-)

Tak, Funny you should ask that, I tuned it to open B last night and the harmonics just range off of this guitar.

Dancer, Thanks for your very kind words.

Chris, thanks for celebrating with me on this.

Daryl, Thanks, You can see it in the Busking Soggy Bottom Boys thread.

buddy

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 pm

willem wrote:
That was a great sounding guitar but did i understand it right in your post that a diffrent but same type guitar sounded not so as the one you bought??
Willem, Yes you are correct. It was this specific guitar that really had the exact sound I was looking for. I played the same model that they had still in a box and it did not compare to the one that I had tested. It is suprising that you can get that much sound difference in the same model guitar. I think it was because the grain was very tight on the spruce top of the guitar I tested and not so on the other one that I tried out of the box. The wood qaulity on the back and sides was also much higher.

It pays to play before you buy.

Bud

MarkM

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Bud,

Congratulations on the new guitar and as Dennis said, welcome to the family. I've got a couple of these guitars and just love them. Nice job on the recording as it sounded very clean. I think I'll be jumping on that TASCAM bandwagon soon as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

MarkM

buddy

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:20 am

MarkM,

Thanks, I think you are really going to like using the Tascam.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic