NEW TAYLOR GUITAR SOUND CHECK

buddy

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently bought a new Taylor 314ce. My story, and I am sticking to it :P , is that I was not really looking for another guitar. However, I was in BestBuy and wandered back to the music section to get some new cables and saw their guitar room. I was surprised by how nice it was so I went in and started playing a number of gorgeous high-end guitars from Martin, Guild, Taylor etc..... I first pulled a Taylor 814ce off the wall that was just gorgeous and then worked my way down to a 614 and a 414 and they all sounded great. Then I saw a 314ce and picked it up. Well from the first strum this guitar just spoke to me. It rang out like bell and just hooked me. I have never heard a guitar that had this specific sound that I was always looking even though I have played many Taylors and other Brands. They took another one out of a box and I played it but it was not even close to the sound of the floor model. Needless to say I walked out of the store with the floor model after they made me a wonderful deal on it. Kudos to BestBuy for giving me such a great deal. Amazing how the same model of guitar can sound so different and this is why it is so important to play before you buy.

With all that said, here is a sound check of the new 2010 expression system on this wonderful guitar. I posted this on Soundcloud as a wave file rather than YouTube so the sound quality did not get degraded. I am really stoked about this little 314ce and whoever built this particular guitar really has my appreciation. ;)

This track has both the lead and rhythm guitar in it so you can hear the strumming and picking.

I did this in one take so it has a few warts in it but you will get the idea.

Let me know what you think,

Bud

Here is the link

sbutler

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Whoa Buddy,,, that sounds AWESOME!

I really love my little Seagull, but I fear it's not getting the rest it needs to stay healthy, so I'm going to keep that Taylor in mind if by some weird twist of fate I end up in a Best Buy.

Scott

ceaser67

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Buddy,
Buddy,lmao,going into a guitar shop and picking up taylors and trying to convince yourself youre not there to purchase one hahahahaha,i bet the salesman thought the same thing when he seen youre i love this guitar face lol,

the guitar sounds beautiful,
You really are going to start the whole MARTIN v TAYLOR thread into orbit i tell you that boy hahahahahaha
I have a martin DCX 1KE
TO HELL WITH IT ILLE START IT hahahahahahaha

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

jcrocket

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Buddy -

Congrats on the new addition, that does have a fantastic sound.

I guess I haven't been in a Best Buy in a while - when did they start selling guitars?

Jeff

Lavallee

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Buddy, it sounds very good, it will be interesting to see if you will stick with the new guitar or vary with the other ones.

Marc

dennisg

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Welcome to the Taylor club, Buddy. It's a nice place to be.

takhak

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Beautiful noise Buddy. Your ears were'nt wrong. Have you played
'In Your Attmosphere" on it yet?

buddy

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 am

Scott, Just tell the wife you are going in to look at a new computer and that will at least get you in the door. ;-)

thedancer

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 am

Hi Buddy
I like the sound of your new guitar. And I just love the way you make playing and singing look so easy.
Dancer

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:24 am

This is the sound of two hands clapping buddy. It's got a great sound for sure... higher notes sound really good. Congrats on the deal!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic