American Masters Troubadours Carole King & James Taylor on PBS & its website

jimcjimc

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 am

I have my Tivo set up with a Season Pass for the PBS show - American Masters. The most recent episode is called Troubadours: Carole King & James Taylor and the rise of the Singer-Songwriter. The show has some old clips and some recent footage of a bunch of singer songwriters who played at the Troubadour in LA in the late 60s & early 70s, including Jackson Brown, Elton John Joni Mitchell, etc. I haven't watched the whole program yet, but my favorite part so far is Jackson Brown playing a bit of Dylan's I Want You. For folks in the US, check your local PBS station - they may still be showing it this week as a 2 hr show with breaks for fund-raising. For others, you may be able to watch it online at http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters ... film/1798/

MarkM

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:04 am

I second that!!! I watched this entire program last week and it was fantastic. In additon to the names already discussed, they have interviews with David Crosby, The Birds and others. Really well worth your time to watch.

MarkM

willem

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Jim,,pity we can watch it due the right's permission or so,,pity we are such great fan's..

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks for the tip off Jim... unfortunately video not available here.... but I do like Carol King and James Taylor and Carol King... spet the last hour listening to Tapestry and playing Its Too Late Baby.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic