GP 6 CRASH Mother Goose / Jethro Tull / Aqualung

sbutler

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm

As soon as Neil released this lesson, I jumped on it. Down loaded the gp file and fired it up, only to have it crash on me. Not once but every time.

Seems as though it won't scroll down to the second page. When it get there, it simply stops, and there is nothing I can do with it except close out GP all together.

Anyone else had this issue?

Scott

mark

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Yes I got something similar.
When it gets to the last line the whole program would close it self.

I got around this by, noting down what the last line was (last 4 or 5 bars), deleting this line, saving and then re-entering the last line by hand.
This worked for me

TGMatt

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Is this a problem with our file then Gents ?..if so maybe we can redo the thing..

skaladar

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Yep, same here. I didn't notice you couldn't scroll to the end of the 2nd page until you mentioned it Scott. I did see that when left to play through it freezes at the 1st beat of the 17th bar even though the music continues to play through to the end and then repeat. When it first happened I didn't think much of it. I've been playing around with the 1st Intro and the Verse up to now. I haven't quite gotten to the Chorus (where the problem is) yet so I didn't realize it is a repeatable problem before reading this thread.

♫ Ken ♫

Edit: It would appear to be a problem with the file Matt. Three of us are experiencing the exact same thing. If you could redo, or at least look into the problem with the file, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m not looking forward to re-entering the last 6 bars by hand.

TGNeil

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Same problem here but I have fixed the file and uploaded the new one called Mother Goose Guitar Pro 6. Check it out and get back to us. Be sure to delete your old one first.

Neil

sbutler

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Now it works. I deleted the gp6 file, saved the gp5 and went through the entire song. It seems to be just fine.

Thanks fella's

Scott

sbutler

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm

And the new version GP6 seems to be just fine as well.

Scott

Now if I could just play it up to speed!

skaladar

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:42 pm

The new Guitar Pro 6 (.gpx) file works fine for me now. Now I have no excuse not to go beyond the Verse. :-)

Thanks for a speedy fix Neil.

♫ Ken ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic