Bar Line Question in GP6

Music Junkie

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:06 pm

I am working up a score for a new song I am working on and have a question.

The overall song is in 6/8 time, but the last measure of every verse is extended to 9/8 time. I found where to change the specific measure to 9/8 and then change it back, but when I do this, it places a double line every time. Typically a double line is used to denote a change of section. I did not think that it was necessary for a typical change on time signature (I could be wrong about that, as my composition knowledge is just beginning). Is there a way to change a double line back to a single line? Right after the 9/8 time, the double bar would be fine, as it is the end of the verse. There should be a double line there. I took a screen shot that I hope shows what I mean.

Thanks in advance for any help.

J

On the bottom line you can see the double line just before the 9/8 time, and then the double line after that measure. I want to be able to remove the double line BEFORE the 9/8 time and leave the double line at the end.

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi MJ,

As far as I can tell you can't do what you want as GP6 automatically inserts double bars on any change to signature etc

Music Junkie

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah, that is what I read too. Was hoping someone might have found otherwise. I'll just email GP support and see what they say.

Thanks Chas.

J

Music Junkie

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 am

Chas:

Heard back from Support over at GP. It is something that many folks have complained about evidently. I saw many threads in their support forum about it. They are supposed to be working on a fix for it in an update, so that's good. Just thought I would let you know.

J

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chas:

Heard back from Support over at GP. It is something that many folks have complained about evidently. I saw many threads in their support forum about it. They are supposed to be working on a fix for it in an update, so that's good. Just thought I would let you know.

J
HI MJ Thanks for that, not surprised it is a little bit annoying I guess even though musically it still sounds right it just doesn't look right. Also surprising that GP are working a fix so quickly, although don't hold your breath they tend to save quite a few fixes for each update. I leave the updater open so as not to miss these when they come out.

Music Junkie

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
Chas:

J
HI MJ Thanks for that, not surprised it is a little bit annoying I guess even though musically it still sounds right it just doesn't look right. Also surprising that GP are working a fix so quickly, although don't hold your breath they tend to save quite a few fixes for each update. I leave the updater open so as not to miss these when they come out.
Yeah, been told that through the tech forum as well. There was another backdoor fix for the problem too, but too much of a hassle for me. I am o.k. with it like this til the fix comes out.

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic