Cort Earth Mini

dtaylor

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:26 am

So after 2 weeks in Australia with my callouses softening and forgetting most of the songs I learnt I had to give in and buy a guitar, it had to be small in the hope I could get it home and cheapish because it'll be travelling. Having tried the dirt cheap rubbish, I tried the Cort Earth Mini and was taken with the sustain and tone. It's a mini dreadnought shape, the bass is a bit thin of course but the treble is not embarrassed by my Martin and it compared well to a Mini Maton at 10 times the price.

I think travel guitars are the way ahead, I want to try a Baby Taylor and see what the fuss is about now...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 am

Sounds like you're having a great time... great that you saw sense and got yourself a travelling companion! :-)

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 am

dtaylor wrote:
I think travel guitars are the way ahead, I want to try a Baby Taylor and see what the fuss is about now...
Love my Baby Taylor. When you look at them, see if you can find some of the solid wood ones, rather than the less expensive laminates. Mine is Mahogany and sounds pretty good. I love it up around the campfire and on long hiking trips. Sounds similar to a full size with a capo at III or IV (not on the bass end though, and does not project like my full-sized models). A bit harder to do some things, as the neck is a bit small too and my fingers are on the larger size. Overall, it is quite satisfying, and I am VERY glad I bought it.

Good luck!

J

dtaylor

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:01 am

I am wondering how hard it will be to get back to a full size neck after 3 months of easy reaches... It does throw your timing off on your picking hand too, or I'm just missing strings entirely. Great fun though :)

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 am

dtaylor wrote:
I am wondering how hard it will be to get back to a full size neck after 3 months of easy reaches... It does throw your timing off on your picking hand too, or I'm just missing strings entirely. Great fun though :)
I am always glad to get back to the full size.... :) I find that some things are actually harder because it can get a bit cramped. Although songs like Rocky Mountain High and Norwegian Wood are simplified a bit. Makes the pinkie work a bit easier.... B)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic