Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks

AndyT

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

TheresHopeYet,

You mean like August Rush.

BigBear

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Tony- I believe that some people are more naturally inclined to certain things than others. Especially when it comes to music. I also believe that there are left or right brain dominant people so certain things comes more easily like language skills or math.

But I've never encountered anyone, anywhere that the harder they worked the more natural talent they seem to have!! ;)

thereshopeyet

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks

NKenny

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Tony

I had asked this question a while back. I am one of those that have two left feet when I try to dance, my poor wife. I have a very poor sense of rhythm. I truly believe with hard work you can get better. But I do feel those who play and sing well, have a gift of natural talent. Yes some learn faster than others, a perfect example is my brother in-law, he can just hear a song and pick up the rhythm. My friend has been trying to play for a long time and cant seem to get his fingers to work on even basic chords. I have been trying to play for years and yes I have improved, but not to where I thought I would be. It does get frustrating

Kenny

wrench

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 am

Hello

When an animal is born, they know where to go for food and how to suckle. In the "olden" days, we called that instinct. Science has pretty much proven that it is knowledge transferred by DNA. I have read an article which stated basically: The DNA of the parent could change so much in its lifetime that the offspring would inherit traits due to the change.

That is.......if a kid begins guitar at six and plays all his/her life, they will pass on a knowledge of how to play guitar. Full knowledge? Nope, but some. That child will learn easier than a child with no guitar pickers in his/her pedigree.

Not all time spent waiting in the doctor's office is wasted. :)

I do so hope those with zero talent can learn because I'm one of them!

Sam

EDIT: Forgot to say..........A parent who spawns at 17 has far less knowledge than one who does so at 50 or older. The parent should have learned more; some don't!

My parents were old as the hills!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic