Rock and Roll Heaven - The biggest loss?

abiliog

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 am

Now thát would be so great!!! ;) :P

And yep, he has been thé number one on my list ever since I was a kid after watching Jailhouse Rock, he has been my biggest influence ever! :cheer:

sbutler wrote:
Vanessa,, I guess I'm going to have to go back to Memphis, Graceland, and fill a bag full of Elvis stuff and send it your way. Or I could have at least taken some pictures if I had known you were so gaga over him.

Scott

prawnpig

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:56 am

For me Buddy Holly did so much in such a short time would like to see what else he had up his musical sleeve

leeson

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am

For the music world, one has to wonder how much Jimi Hendrix would have given us. He was here for such a fleeting time....

For me personally there is no doubt that it would be Jerry Garcia. The Grateful Dead had a tremendous influence on me personally and musically. I miss him every day.

Bill

suziko

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Lots of great people mentioned here. For me I remember hearing the news when John Denver died, and remember feeling really sad about it for a long time. I know he was a bit hippy-dippy and some of his songs are a bit too maudlin, but he also wrote some songs that I will always love and that mean a lot to me (Country Roads, Rocky Mountain High, Leaving on a Jet Plane, Back Home Again). I've listened to his live album "Live at the Sydney Opera House" more times than I could guess at.

Suzi

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:25 am

Some that come to mind for me have already been mentioned:

Jim Croce - One of my all-time favorite artists that passed entirely too early.
Dan Fogelberg - Not that Dan was a hugely influential musician, but one of my favorite artists with many wonderful songs.
John Bonham - Like Marc mentioned the end of Zeppelin as we knew them.
John Denver - I'm with you on this one Suzi. He had some terrific songs that will always be special to me.
John Lennon - Not a HUGE Beatles fan (although I like several of their songs), but no denying the impact his passing had on the music world.

MJ

jayswett

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

I'm with Michele in that I think that Eva Cassidy has to be high on the list. Incredible voice, and dying at such a young age (late 20's), makes me wonder what she could have done if she hadn't passed on so tragically.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic