Guitar Center's Recording Made Easy Workshops

skaladar

Wed May 04, 2011 7:32 am

I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries by sharing this but I thought this may be of interest for those who have access to a local Guitar Center.
It's free and is being offered every Saturday at every store from 10-11am, starting May 7. To quote from their email and web-site:

"Even if you don't know an insert from an input, modern technology makes it easy to produce great-sounding recordings at home. Guitar Center's free Recording Made Easy workshops will show you how. Come in and learn how to record your first song using Mac® and GarageBand® at a Guitar Center location near you. You'll learn everything from basic tracking to creating a finished song. There are four basic workshops. Each week, a different one. Miss one? Want a refresher? No problem. Come on back and catch it again."

SAT MAY 7 - Signal Flow and Microphone Techniques
SAT MAY 14 - Virtual Instruments and Loops
SAT MAY 21 - Effects
SAT MAY 28 - Mixing and Publishing

Recording Made Easy: An Introduction to Computer Recording

"Guitar Center is offering free Recording Made Easy classes at every store every Saturday at 10:00 AM. Never has it been easier to record using a Mac® & GarageBand®. Come on in and learn how to take your ideas from basic tracks to finished songs in just four user-friendly classes. Each week you will learn the basics of computer recording followed by a brief in-depth look at specific areas of recording."

Here is a link for more info and registration:

guitarcenter dot com/recording-made-easy/

♫ Ken ♫

Hydroman52

Wed May 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey Ken,

This is good information. I don't live too close to a guitar center, but , if I can make it to at least one of these it would be great. I'm wondering if they will be publishing some of this on the Internet after the Workshops. The only Apple device I have right now is an iPod, but I'm sure a person doesn't have to be a rabid Apple fan to get some useful information there.

Thanks for posting this,

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic