Woodshedding Buddy Holly

tovo

Wed May 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey Stuart. Brilliant idea and well demonstrated. I think it is extremely valuable. I had no trouble sitting through minutes...mainly because I am sitting in yet another airport waiting to be somewhere else which seems to constitute a large part of my existence right now! Seriously I would watch it through anyway as I found it very educational. I accept that because you were introducing your idea it was longer than it probably would be if you were launching straight into describing your issue.

On the 3 issues:

1. I thought the transition to the solo seemed rushed, like the strum was cut short. That was my observation, the answer? I have no clue! More practice? Gee...there's a light bulb idea eh!

2. I preferred the 2nd option.

3. For the ending I thought the open chords sounded just fine. It was as jangly as a jangly thing so that was cool.

Craig

Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Stuart,
I think this is a great idea that could benefit a lot of us. I also think that it will help people get more specific suggestions that they are looking for and less, "that was great" responses. Having said that, I rarely offer suggestions because I don't think that my abilities are solid enough to offer too many suggestions. So, I think it will benefit me when looking for help, but I don't think I can offer much help to others. However, I know what sounds good to my ear. I think the solo and ending sounded good.
Thanks for your efforts to help us become better players.
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic