Gee it's quiet around here. What's everyone up to?

sws626

Thu May 19, 2011 6:30 pm

michelew wrote:
sws626 wrote:
Yes, Suzi, 'Musicophilia' is a fascinating book, especially for anyone who has ever played an instrument. I'd been thinking about starting another thread about something I read in one of the essays yesterday. I was going to suggest that we smuggle a copy to Tony, but then checked with my wife, who works for the publisher and found that it is actually available in Australia (found here on the Pan MacMillan website).
Stuart,

Your wife is right. It is avaiable here in Oz in the old fashion paperback version, which I am intending to get if I can't find an electronic download version. I should have been clearer about the nature of my grumble.

Sounds interesting.

Michele
Hi Michele,
There is a Knidle version on the Amazon UK & US websites. I don't know how you trick your computer into landing you there, though. Whenever I try to reach amazon.au, I get redirected -- which seems a bit strange since I have no trouble reaching .com, .de, .fr, or .it. I don't think these eBooks are region encoded like DVDs, so let me know if I can help find some way to route an electronic copy to you.
-Stuart

p.s. I'll have to learn to read these threads more carefully. I thought for sure it was Tony who complained about the southern hemisphere having been excluded.

michelew

Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 am

Stuart, it was the Amazon kindle version that i was bitching about specifically. When I go to purchase it a message comes up saying 'and why would we sell this fabulous book to an Aussie. Get real. Get lost. We don't need your funny money. ' or something like that.

It's all good. I'll just need to track down a physical copy.

And i completely understand you confusing Tony and me. We could be twins. But of course i have more hair.

M.

cosmicmechanic

Fri May 20, 2011 2:11 am

:laugh:

michelew

Fri May 20, 2011 2:14 am

tovo wrote:
Hmmm... The word love song comes to mind...

Michele
Ummm...actually Shel...that's two words.

You're very welcome (Adelaide...providing grammar lessons to Australia and the World!)
Thanks for the lesson mate. 'Love song' - two words. Got it. Bloody genius! Maths and English.

willem

Fri May 20, 2011 7:00 am

michelew wrote:
tovo wrote:
Hmmm... The word love song comes to mind...

Michele
Ummm...actually Shel...that's two words.

You're very welcome (Adelaide...providing grammar lessons to Australia and the World!)
Thanks for the lesson mate. 'Love song' - two words. Got it. Bloody genius! Maths and English.

:laugh: :laugh:

michelew

Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm

TGMike wrote:
I know what I'm working on. And it is cool. And I cannot tell you anything else... ;)

Hmmmm... WHAT a tease Mike!

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 21, 2011 11:21 pm

I am tearing down a (non structural) wall between our kitchen and dining room area, and that will mean a whole lot of other adjustments: electrical, flooring ...

So I am playing tunes on Tony's "Show me a Band I Don't Know Thread" while hitting the wall with a crowbar.

Pierre

Music Junkie

Mon May 23, 2011 10:03 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
I am tearing down a (non structural) wall between our kitchen and dining room area, and that will mean a whole lot of other adjustments: electrical, flooring ...

So I am playing tunes on Tony's "Show me a Band I Don't Know Thread" while hitting the wall with a crowbar.

Pierre
:P :P :P

Pierre: I have to laugh, cause my new windows will be showing up in the next week or so and I will then be busy with the installation of all of them..... Then my wife says the words that always bring massive fear for me.... "You know, I was thinking......." :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Whenever she starts thinking, my bank account shrinks and work piles up on me. I love being handy around the house, but is can be a curse at times too..... She wants me to build a kitchen island for her so we can get rid of the existing table. Of course then we will need new chairs and all the goodies that go along with that....

MJ

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
... Then my wife says the words that always bring massive fear for me.... "You know, I was thinking......." :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I hear you MJ ! :woohoo:

haoli25

Mon May 23, 2011 7:35 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
... Then my wife says the words that always bring massive fear for me.... "You know, I was thinking......." :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I hear you MJ ! :woohoo:

AND, if you hear phrases like; "Open Up The Space", "Ergonomical Balance", and "Re-claiming existing living space", don't look back, just RUN. :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic