Gee it's quiet around here. What's everyone up to?

michelew

Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 am

I suspect that all of you Northern Hemispherers are out enjoying your warm Spring whether. Anyone want to swap for a cold Sydney Autumn?

Well the forum has been pretty quiet lately and the video posts are way down too. Good thing Buddy is still working hard.

I remember that this happened last year too. So it got me to wondering:

- What are you all doing that's keeping you away from TG and the forum? (or am I wrong).

- What are you working on?

M.

Music Junkie

Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 am

Hey Michele:

Here in Southern California, instead of the nice mild spring we usually have, it has been raining the last few days..... Albert Hammond was full of crap!

For me, work has been very hectic. I tell myself that it is a good thing and that I am lucky to have a job in this economy, but that only lasts for so long and then I get overloaded..... :woohoo:

I have been practicing each night, but have been working on some things that are really challenging for me. Some nights I wonder if I will ever get it, and others I am pretty happy with the improvement.

I am also starting to go through my backpacking gear to get ready for my first trip up to the high Sierras. As soon as the snow melts enough for the upper passes to open, i will be gone for a bit. The first trip of the season is always so much fun. I will also go back up for a family trip later in the summer. We go up with some friends and their kids. Taking the little ones hiking and fishing is not to be missed. Being up in the mountans is my favorite thing, so I am really daydreaming these days..... :)

How bout you? Besides the cold weather, what is going on Down Under?

Jason

daryl

Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 am

Well is cold and rainy in Vermont too. It’s been gray, raw, misty, damp, raining, pouring, and otherwise just plain wet for the last week (and through this Friday at least). So much for the “warm Spring weather”. :(

I’ve been busy with our animals. Our 4 goats threw three sets of twins and a single. Our 3 ewes threw a single set of twins (so we went out and bought 6 bottle-baby lambs that we bottle feed 4 times a day). We hatched 4 goslings and are currently brooding 60 meat birds and 30 layers. We are picking up 2 piglets this weekend. The ducklings arrive the 1st of June and the turkey poults arrive the 1st of July. I've tilled the garden (in between storms) and we are starting to plant the seedlings my wife has been growing in the house for the last couple of months. And I've stacked 5 cords of wood for next winter.

Regarding the guitar, like Jason I’ve have been working on a VERY challenging song (a Tommy Emmanuel arrangement). Not sure if I’ll ever get it right. He sure is tough to play. I’ve also been working on a collaboration with John. Not sure when it will be ready. You know how those things go.

Craig

Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Michelle,
I'm a high school teacher and we are down to the end of the school year so I'm busy grading essays and preparing final exams...it's killing my forum/guitar time!
Craig

willem

Wed May 18, 2011 10:19 am

Away???,,well for a view hours,,the start of the spring was great but now we have a week full with rain,,that must be,,,everything is nice growin and green,,,a view times a week i work in my farmers/garden,,beans ,salat,potatos,tomatos etc ,only with nice weather,,

I work on ''michelle'' but one chord is killing me so play it simpeler,,,and then i pick around a view chord's in 6/8time,, also work on ''landslide'' and most the instrumental part(not the one Suzy did)..

Oh, i take a view songs out the closet to refresch ''here comes the sun'' ''blackbird''

Last weekend i had a birthday party,my friend was'nt there so i tryed to play on my own,,that was'nt easy...

And you Michele??

Music Junkie

Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 am

daryl wrote:
Well is cold and rainy in Vermont too. It’s been gray, raw, misty, damp, raining, pouring, and otherwise just plain wet for the last week (and through this Friday at least). So much for the “warm Spring weather”. :(

I’ve been busy with our animals. Our 4 goats threw three sets of twins and a single. Our 3 ewes threw a single set of twins (so we went out and bought 6 bottle-baby lambs that we bottle feed 4 times a day). We hatched 4 goslings and are currently brooding 60 meat birds and 30 layers. We are picking up 2 piglets this weekend. The ducklings arrive the 1st of June and the turkey poults arrive the 1st of July. I've tilled the garden (in between storms) and we are starting to plant the seedlings my wife has been growing in the house for the last couple of months. And I've stacked 5 cords of wood for next winter.

Regarding the guitar, like Jason I’ve have been working on a VERY challenging song (a Tommy Emmanuel arrangement). Not sure if I’ll ever get it right. He sure is tough to play. I’ve also been working on a collaboration with John. Not sure when it will be ready. You know how those things go.
Jeez Daryl...... I feel like a complete lazy son-of-a-gun just having a day job....... B)

I am looking forward to the next installment of your collaborations with John. Been great so far!

Jason

sws626

Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm

I've been working on a couple of songs ("That'll Be the Day," "Just Breathe," & "Long Way Down") and some rockabilly exercises, reading Oliver Sacks' book on musical disorders of the mind, coping with various crises at work, etc. All the usual stuff.

-Stuart

suziko

Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Michele,

I think I've been more active lately than I had been for many months prior. However, it does seem like time on the forum comes in fits and spurts. With summer vacation coming up, I'm sure my free time will plummet, which will also mean less practice time with my guitar.

I've been working on a few things, including the strumming version of Here Comes the Sun, and I just started taking a look at Romeo and Juliet. We'll see how that goes.

@Stuart- "Musicophilia?" That's a fascinating book! Though, in truth, I've found pretty much anything written by O. Sacks to be fascinating.

Suzi

dennisg

Wed May 18, 2011 1:14 pm

A year ago when this very subject was broached, it brought out some unwarranted hostility. I wish you better luck.

Chasplaya

Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm

HI Michelle, From rainy and cold NZ. Well I'm pretty tied up looking for a new job and new houe in Auckland at present, Jill starts her new job in 3 weeks and moves up then so time is not on my side. I still get on here not as much and also less time for guitar... not good! I have been working on some Clapton stuff, solo's mostly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic