Gee it's quiet around here. What's everyone up to?

sws626

Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 am

Yes, Suzi, 'Musicophilia' is a fascinating book, especially for anyone who has ever played an instrument. I'd been thinking about starting another thread about something I read in one of the essays yesterday. I was going to suggest that we smuggle a copy to Tony, but then checked with my wife, who works for the publisher and found that it is actually available in Australia (found here on the Pan MacMillan website).

tovo

Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

sws626 wrote:
Yes, Suzi, 'Musicophilia' is a fascinating book, especially for anyone who has ever played an instrument. I was going to suggest that we smuggle a copy to Tony
Well I'll happily take it Stuart but I think it was Shel who was keen. Tell you what...send it to me and I'll give it to her....promise! ;)

TGMike

Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm

I know what I'm working on. And it is cool. And I cannot tell you anything else... ;)

haoli25

Thu May 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Just act casual, Mike, and nobody will have any idea what you are up to. :)

Bill

lmc831

Thu May 19, 2011 3:42 pm

HI Michele

Needless to say, I love the outdoors, so I've been enjoying the nice weather here in Texas. I am still practicing on "Quicksand" and other lessons. I do check in everyday at TG to see what new lessons Neil has put out. Its Springtime here. I took this photo of our native wildflower, Texas Bluebonnets for you. There are woods and fields where I live....these flowers are a part of that greenspace. Lisa

Music Junkie

Thu May 19, 2011 3:49 pm

TGMike wrote:
I know what I'm working on. And it is cool. And I cannot tell you anything else... ;)
Now that is just plain cold man....... Getting us all curious and then saying you can't tell us..... :silly: :silly:

J

michelew

Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

sws626 wrote:
Yes, Suzi, 'Musicophilia' is a fascinating book, especially for anyone who has ever played an instrument. I'd been thinking about starting another thread about something I read in one of the essays yesterday. I was going to suggest that we smuggle a copy to Tony, but then checked with my wife, who works for the publisher and found that it is actually available in Australia (found here on the Pan MacMillan website).
Stuart,

Your wife is right. It is avaiable here in Oz in the old fashion paperback version, which I am intending to get if I can't find an electronic download version. I should have been clearer about the nature of my grumble.

Sounds interesting.

Michele

michelew

Thu May 19, 2011 4:30 pm

lmc831 wrote:
HI Michele

Needless to say, I love the outdoors, so I've been enjoying the nice weather here in Texas. I am still practicing on "Quicksand" and other lessons. I do check in everyday at TG to see what new lessons Neil has put out. Its Springtime here. I took this photo of our native wildflower, Texas Bluebonnets for you. There are woods and fields where I live....these flowers are a part of that greenspace. Lisa

OMG Lisa! That is SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Hmmm... The word love song comes to mind...

Michele

tovo

Thu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Hmmm... The word love song comes to mind...

Michele
Ummm...actually Shel...that's two words.

You're very welcome (Adelaide...providing grammar lessons to Australia and the World!)

Lavallee

Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 pm

What am I up too? I am traveling , again :(

Thanks for keeping me company

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic