She's Not There Chords

frybaby

Thu May 19, 2011 3:31 pm

I've been working on "She's Not There and came across couple of variations the chords offerd on the tab for us non target folks.

These chords may be in the full lesson, No access so, I'm not sure.

On the chorus Instead of the regulare old 3 finger D chord, I add the F# note (played on the 4 th string (D-string) 4th fret. Played with the pinkey finger.
The note adding an extra 3rd in the base of the chord. Fills out the chord nicely

For the Dm ; I add the F note - 4 th. string - 3rd fret. This note is adding a flat 3rd to the base.
Both notes may be part of the melody I am not sure but the add a lot the the chords and sound like the the chords the Kinks may have played.

The Dm fingering requires a bit of practice,becasue you have to switch some fingers around, but it's seem worth the effort to me casuse the chord sounds good .... and it good practice in finger movement.

The other thing I've discovered is where the tab calls for an E chord I use an E7 which is the same position as an E chord with the D note added,the D note on the 2nd string(b string) 3rd fret.

I either use the E7 for all 7 strums ( it think it 7 total strums) or I alternate between the Eand E7 through out the 7 strums.

Regards to all
Frybaby