What if you couldn't play?

michelew

Wed May 25, 2011 4:11 am

dennisg wrote:
If I couldn't play anymore, I'd send my guitar to Michele in Australia who's always lusted for a Taylor 814. And I'd at least be happy that whatever misfortune I've experienced that would bring about this situation could result in someone else having a dream fulfilled. I'd miss guitar playing, but I'd be more concerned about all the other things that would have to end due to my infirmity -- like throwing a ball for my dog.

Tom, I'm also a cyclist and part-time guitarist, and I have a huge amount of sympathy for your situation. I hope that you can get it resolved quickly and completely so that you can once again enjoy these two great hobbies.
Den, you're a sweet man. The prospect of receiving a Taylor 814 would normally be exciting and you did start my Taylor GAS, but the idea of you not being able to play breaks my heart. I actually think a better solution would be to teach Jamie and or Shelby how to play and give your pretty, sweet sounding Taylor to them. That way you could still sing and enjoy sharing music with your family and continue to get joy out of it.

Tom, Sam - I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering so and that it's effecting your playing. I hope both find relief and good health soon.

I'd really miss playing if I couldn't anymore. It's become an important part of my life. I guess I'd have to find something else to obsess about. I guess I could still drive people crazy with my crappy singing.

But, I hope that this doesn't become a reali for anyone.

Michele

Chasplaya

Wed May 25, 2011 4:22 am

Good question Tony or is it a bad one, brings bad scary thoughts. Me i'd stay on here and marvel at you guys, and maybe try to encourage my daughter more to play by giving her at least on of my guitars.

Tom, Listen up mate just listen to Chris and get it fixed now! Procrastination on this is not good, you have a lot of skills to share and for others to enjoy, if surgery is the answer then do it and do it now ok!

cosmicmechanic

Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

I just remembered reading about Paul Simon at the time of his mid-70's album "Still Crazy After All These Years".

Seems he was practicing playing keyboards because he had developed hand problems that he thought would soon prevent him from playing guitar.

I looked it up on Google, and found allusions to calcium deposits, arthritis ... not sure what the exact problem was.

One link says that John and Yoko hooked him up with an herbalist, don't know if that helped.

Another link says he still suffers some and had to develop a lighter style of playing in order to be able to continue.

Tom, I sure wish you to get better ... you're a fine player already, so much potential !

Pierre

leeson

Thu May 26, 2011 5:08 pm

First of all, everybody knock on wood. Not to be superstitious but.....

As long as we are using quotes to express our thoughts:

"Comes a time when the blind-man takes your hand, says "Don't you see?
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe."
Don't give it up, you got an empty cup only love can fill,
only love can fill, only love can fill, only love can fill."

Tom,
You don't have back pain. You have progressive neurological symptoms from a cervical disc herniation. Go see your doctor today.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic