Poster sign up

suziko

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 pm

I think that's potentially a great idea, Tammy. I'd donate $25 for a photo of Neil and Matt with the banner.

One question I've been meaning to ask:

Are we signing our user name or our real name? Or both?

Suzi

wammer

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:19 pm

pretty sure we did both and date if i remember correctly

BobR

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Tammy

Sounds good to me. Just let me know, about the $25 donation. I do like your next idea as well, (note to self - start saving a lot of money)

Bob

Lavallee

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:30 pm

suziko wrote:
I think that's potentially a great idea, Tammy. I'd donate $25 for a photo of Neil and Matt with the banner.

One question I've been meaning to ask:

Are we signing our user name or our real name? Or both?

Suzi
Hi Suzi and Tammy, It was the real name name and where we are from, but the TG name should be there all the time. (MarkM and Cosmicmechanic were written as such), everybody else was their real name.

I have a good visual memory :laugh:

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Many moons ago I was involved with something not entirely disimilar to this , which started as a joke on a colleague. This chap had a soft toy on his desk which he received from an admirer, it was a Mr Blobby, for those who don't know Mr Blobby was a character on Noel Edmonds TV show in Britian:

Now we 'borrowed' Mr Blobby wrote a letter on Blobbies behalf as all he ever said was Blobby, blobby, blobby! The letter was instructions once you received Blobby you had to send the owner a postcard from your town/country, then take a picture of him with you and also send that back. Mr Blobby travelled the world for months and his owner got to 'meet' loads of folks and actually made a few friends if I recall.

Unfortunately, given the lack of control once Blobby had left our shores he eventually disappeared never to be seen again, someone blobbynapped him we thought! :ohmy:

Now i'm not suggesting members would bannernap! but I think you definitely need to know who is participating in this, and hey this thing will become valuable (especially with my signature on it!) just to ensure it doesn't go missing somewhere along the way. Also given the number of members request that signatures be no larger than a certain size and on the front duh!

PS Good idea Tammy; now does your brain hurt after that idea! Go put your feet up, have a wine and relax for the rest of the day :)

willem

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 pm

You all are welcome to write your name close with mine,,can you geuss were i put it,,?? will'em

heatndude

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Sign me up, no pun intended. Sounds like a cool idea. How can I help ?

millponddave

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 am

Lots of great ideas here, but I have to say that I'd like to see this thing stay as simple as possible. I think that the original idea of getting everyone to sign the banner is the best way to go. That way when it arrives you just sign it and send it on it's way. No need for trinkets or souvenirs. If at the final destination a picture were taken that could be made available to anybody that wants one, then that would be the best souvenir of all. Just a thought.

Dave

suziko

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 am

Dave,

Though I originally proposed the idea of adding a gift for the next person, I'm inclined to agree with you now that maybe it'd be best to keep it simple and just sign the banner and pass it on. I had thought that it could be fun, if sending the banner to another country, to send something with it that was representative of your area. But since we're not bouncing it all over the globe, but rather sending it to the next nearest person, I don't know that sending anything is necessary. Of course, this doesn't preclude anyone from doing so, if they still want to.

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Wów, some plan!

Well I'm all for it! :cheer:

Cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic