Poster sign up

TGMatt

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:58 am

Guys..

Love this and may I suggest a couple of things..

If we can create a brand new thread and title it something like carrying the TG torch banner or something ...from the first person who sends, they identify where it is going to in the world and who to...

I will get a page with a map that tracks the progress from each forum post with lines from one place to the next..

You guys post a photo plus maybe even a video in this thread with Banner behind it..

If this works ..start the thread and I will take care of the map ..

Cheers

Hydroman52

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:31 pm

I like it. Good idea. Count me in when the TG Banner makes its "US Tour". I will gladly sign, include a gewgaw, take photo/video, ship to next in line, and update the proper thread.

Thanks for including everyone,

Hydroman52

Lavallee

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Matt, thanks for getting involved. I think you should decide the name of the thread (what you suggested below seems good to me). I also like the picture/or video with the banner as others have also suggested. Since I have the banner I will make the first post in a few weeks once the list is more solid. I is great that you can create a map to visualize the travel.

Marc

Lavallee

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
I like it. Good idea. Count me in when the TG Banner makes its "US Tour". I will gladly sign, include a gewgaw, take photo/video, ship to next in line, and update the proper thread.

Thanks for including everyone,

Hydroman52
Thanks Hydroman for your enthusiasm. You should have your friend Jerry to signed since he did quite a few videos with you

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 am

Looks like we are going to have some fun with Tammy's banner Marc... great idea!

willem

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:39 am

I am looking forward to this great idea ,,i think we have also a sort of olympic traveler around here,,,so i have to think abaut an very special present.

Lavallee

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:58 am

Yes Chris is looks very promising. Willem will be the first one to get it as he has a special activity lined up. So it will be in Europe in less than 2 weeks and he will then send it to the other countries. Rick made a request to receive in the UK and it will continue from there until it is completed in Europe , then back in North America. The list is not completed yet and I hope to receive many acknowledgments for people who wants to participate. By then the new thread will be crated and the map offered by Matt might be ready.

Marc

reiver

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:07 am

Hi - my tuppence worth........

I like this idea, but think it would be far more interesting to give and receive from country to country. The thought of buying something for someone else here in the UK seems almost redundant whereas sending something to America or Australia or Canada would add more to the enjoyment.

I know that this would increase the individual cost and the organisation - but, to my mind, it would be worthwhile.

Stuart

willem

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 am

Lavallee wrote:
Yes Chris is looks very promising. Willem will be the first one to get it as he has a special activity lined up. So it will be in Europe in less than 2 weeks and he will then send it to the other countries. Rick made a request to receive in the UK and it will continue from there until it is completed in Europe , then back in North America. The list is not completed yet and I hope to receive many acknowledgments for people who wants to participate. By then the new thread will be crated and the map offered by Matt might be ready.

Marc
AH you announced allready,,hope it work out,,,maybe a thought for others for recieving the banner for special activity's..

suziko

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 am

reiver wrote:

Hi - my tuppence worth........

I like this idea, but think it would be far more interesting to give and receive from country to country. The thought of buying something for someone else here in the UK seems almost redundant whereas sending something to America or Australia or Canada would add more to the enjoyment.

I know that this would increase the individual cost and the organisation - but, to my mind, it would be worthwhile.

Stuart

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with Stuart on this one. It would be a lot more fun for me to receive something from, eg. The Netherlands or Australia than from Wisconsin or Illinois. I realize that it would take longer for the banner to get to every member but do we need to do it as speedily as possible? It seems to me that maximizing the fun of getting and sending the banner is better than maximizing the efficiency in which the banner travels. Wouldn't it be cool to see it bounce all over the globe? Just my opinion, of course.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic