Poster sign up

Lavallee

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:32 am

Hi all,

When we did the collaboration in Binghamton, Tammy had a TG banner made. We thought it was a great idea and I thank her again for taking the initiative and the time to have it made. We felt more part of the TG because of it. Beside having the idea about the weekend, she also suggested that we all signed the banner and why not have other people signing it. We thought it would be really fun that who ever participates on the forum, videos, interaction with other TG members, in other word people that we hear about and contributes to the site, would sign the banner.

The idea would be that the banner would be sent to all the people who wants to sign the banner . There are some cost involve as you cannot send this by regular mail as it is bond to get lost. It needs to have a tracking number when someone ships it. It would also be the responsibility of the shipper to confirm the address with the receiver. We can use TG mail to contact the receiver so everybody has access to that . It will be more expensive for some as shipping between continent is more expensive than the next city. Also to keep it alive the sender should post in this thread where it is sent so that it could be used as a beacon for the others to know where it is.

I made a list of people that have made videos and collaborations. This is a start up list. Anybody who wants to be added or remove ( no need to give a reason) from the list can PM me and I will edit the list. I would like to leave the list for the next 2 weeks (I will bump it up every now and then). After 2 weeks I will send it to Europe, then back in the east zone, then central and western area of North America, then the pacific islands and Asia. This a suggested path at this point it will depend on the people that have agreed to participate on the list below. It would be great to have the TG team to sign it.

Here is the start up list, it is in no particular order and I hope nobody will be offended if their name is not there yet, I hope you will add it (just PM me) :

Tombo1230
Dieguy
Hydroman
Heatandude
Big Bear
Songman52
JHall
Jayswett (and his son)
Helen (AL's wife)
Wrench
Beaker
Tom18
Hesser
MillpondDave
Dennisg
DDog
MusicJunkie
Jim56 (and his daughter Danielle)
Dekotaj
Lueders
NCsurfer
Unclewalt
Frybaby
Deuce01
Wiley
Haoli25
Buddy
Craig
Suziko
Snipe
Sbutler
Skaladar
PBraun
Twocatsam
Mcfingers
Cavi
Dan5619
Reiver (Stuart)
Sws626 (Stuart)
Neverfoundthetime
Waggis
Willem
Anton
Vanessa,
RickPick
Mark
Thereshopeyet
HeyJoe
Carpet
Abiliog
Juanlla
Thedancer
Catman
Andy
Chasplaya
Michelew
Tovo
Rapsidy
Coomba
Neil
Matt
MattB
TGMike
TGCheryl
Others TG member

AndyT

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 am

Interesting idea. I wonder how it's going to play out.

willem

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 am

Marc,,what a great idea and i will look to the sky when you drop it..lol i think you will sent me some instructions how to handle,,,

daryl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:03 am

Quite a family!

Marc, You are quite the man. I wonder if your idea could be done online somehow. Could the full size poster be scanned and sent around and be "signed" electronically? You know, save the postage and fuel costs etc......

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 am

When I get it, I'll drive around to Waggis' place and he can post it on to Australia DHL ;-).
Of course, everyone has to photo themselves with the banner and post it on TG too.

As this would mean the banner would be travelling the world for about half a year, another suggestion is that it is just sent to anyone who gets together with another TGer (or group of) and then signed and used in any videos made. Maybe a simpler project?

suziko

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 am

What a fun idea! I'm definitely game.

If people are willing or interested, one nice thing could be to add something personal to the package for the receiver. Maybe a little note, or a postcard from your town, or some very small gift- maybe something your town makes. Nothing that is of real monetary value and not something that would increase the cost of shipping. I think that could make the package even more fun to receive and send.

Suzi

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 am

Marc:

I would be interested for sure. I will watch for when it comes to the west coast of the USA. Nat idea.

J

snipe

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:54 am

daryl wrote:
Quite a family!

Marc, You are quite the man. I wonder if your idea could be done online somehow. Could the full size poster be scanned and sent around and be "signed" electronically? You know, save the postage and fuel costs etc......
Neat Idea. Just wondering if you could somehow scan signatures and what ever else and superimpose them on the banner? Just a thought..

Mike

daryl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 am

snipe wrote:
daryl wrote:
Quite a family!

Neat Idea. Just wondering if you could somehow scan signatures and what ever else and superimpose them on the banner? Just a thought..

Mike
I imagine, that all the smart people behind the scene at TG can come up with a "How to electronically sign the TG Poster" video for us.....

dekotaj

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 am

Thank you for adding me to the list,

It would be a privilege and and honor to be a part of this with all the amazing folks(FRIENDS)Here at this amazing site we all call home now T.G..Thank you all again for the Brilliant and heart felt performances you shared with all of us.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic