Poster sign up

lueders

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 am

Hey, Marc
Been busy lately...and playing catch-up.
This banner idea thing sounds really cool. i would sure sign it.

Cori

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 am

WTF Yup i'll sign it keep in mind ny signature will be worth millions one day and no extra charge from me, lol I wish! One query what happens afterwards with it? Does it end up inthe Smithsonian Museum?

abiliog

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am

Marc,
This is a great idea. You can count on me to the international TG list :)
Abilio

Lavallee

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 am

Good name for the Thread, Rick

Thanks Tony as you said there is no deadline and it will take a while for the world tour to be completed. I doubt that the weed make it to Australia, as people migth trade present :)

Hi Suzi, I will call customs on Monday to see what might be the policy for custom declaration if there are many little things in the container . We ship regularly worldwide and I have many interesting stories with the bloody customs.

Thanks Cori

Hi Chas, looking forward to see what will be increased value once you signed, I will certainly buy shares ;) . TG will be the last place were the banner will go. Matt has offered to make a special TG session or integrate it with one where the banner will be shown, with the presents and talk about (with a close up on your signature)

Thank you Abilio

Marc

Hydroman52

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 am

There are a lot of good ideas here. In the past, I have gone geocaching with friends. This sounds a bit similar to that only a little in reverse. In geocaching, you go to the treasure. With the banner, the treasure comes to you. When you find a cache, there is usually a notebook, pencil, and trinkets in the container, and you log the time and date in the notebook, write a few comments, and then you have the option of taking a trinket. If you take something, you must leave something of equal or greater value. When you get home, you log it on the WEB site. Here is the WEB site:

Treasure hidden all over the world

Perhaps you could get some ideas for the TG Banner World Tour here. There is a little two minute video that explains it on the main page. Geocaching is cheap, great outdoor fun, and (Bonus! Bonus! Bonus!) it's an excellent family activity that keeps kids occupied for hours . . . . . what kid, or adult, doesn't like to find treasure?

Another thought . . . . . the traveling TG Banner is beginning to look like a vehicle to raise money for a good cause . . . . . . . . . so, when the banner reaches my house . . . . . . I will make a donation to the MattB vs Cancer fund. Anyone else?

Hydroman52

suziko wrote:
It might be more fun for MJ in California, for example, to get a Packers-themed beer cozy from me than for Hydroman in Wisconsin to get the same!
You can never have too many Packers beer cozies . . . . . . GO! PACK! GO!

willem

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
[quote] . . . . the traveling TG Banner is beginning to look like a vehicle to raise money for a good cause . . . . . . . . . so, when the banner reaches my house . . . . . . I will make a donation to the MattB vs Cancer fund. Anyone else?

Hydroman52

I thought this will come up and is a good thought but you can donate everytime you want,,but if we choose for that maybe make it bigger,go to a local radio station or news paper and try to make it bigger,,i love to try that but i don't have any experience how to set it up..

Lavallee

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 am

Hydroman, that is an excellent idea to contribute to MattB cause at the same time. Will prepare a reminder to include that in the Tube. where to donate the money link, for those who wants to contribute.

Marc

willem

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:09 am

Hi, I have in mind to make a blog of this unique event on a social media site here in the dutch to see if people respond on this,,i will place the first vid were the New Englanders announce there collaboration etc,,what you think..

Lavallee

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Willem, it is a good idea. It always help to talk about TG

Marc

wammer

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok so just being honest here....Please don't think Im greedy

When this idea about passing the banner around the world came about....We(my brother ,husband and myself) thought it would be cool to see how many signatures I could get ....and then hang it up in my (guitar room/happy place).....but i rethought it and do believe it belongs and TG Headquarters...

But I was thinking that I would ask for a picture of it on arrival day (with Matt and Neil accepting it)

So heres my thought to raise money for MattB
I would have no problem paying for a picture of it.....sent to me either by mail or internet......with proceed going to MattB...........In advance I would suppose as the money is needed now and who knows how long this may take......I'm thinking 20/25 $

"whatch think"?????? :blush:

Tammy

Just had an idea

Start saving your money boys and the seven of us (New Englanders) will present it to them ourselves

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic