Under the Milkyway Guitar Lesson

sbolin

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 am

[url=
Has anyone tried this lesson?

The strumming and picking of the melody looks a difficult...looking for feeback before I purchase.

Comments are appreciated - Thank you!!

haoli25

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 am

Hello SBolin. Welcome to the TG Forum. Like you, I really like this song by The Church. I don't think Neil has made of TARGET Lesson of this song yet, but he does give the basics to get started with in this video. With a little practice, you can start adding the melody notes in no time. And like Neil says, it really sounds good on a 12-string.
The "Recommend A Lesson" tab is just to the left. Vote on "Under The Milky Way" and any other songs on the list that you like. We are glad that you decided to join us here. If you have any questions, just ask.

Bill

skaladar

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:11 am

Hiya sbolin ... *waves from NYC*

Actually, if I may, there is a Target Lesson for this however it is listed as "Under The Milky Way". Not Milkyway. I overlooked it at first myself. The opening credits list it as a Target Short and indeed it is only a one part lesson but Neil covers all you'll need to know in the nearly 17 minute lesson. It is rated a level 4 song so it’s not too far up there in terms of difficulty. I didn’t watch the entire lesson but I skimmed through it and as always, Neil does a great job of making what may seem difficult easy to understand and play. If you are really interested in the song I say go for it. You may also want to consider something like the Target Lite program rather than a single purchase, so that you could add 2 songs per month. Chances are you’ll be playing this one in no time.

Hope that helps!

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi,very nice target song,,in one way simple but diffrents voiceings on the versus and litlle diffrent chord shapes based on the basics one to get the voiceings,,also nice syncopating chord changing technic and a litlle mess up in the strummings made this song very intresting and a 4 !!

welcome from the Netherlands

looking forward to your upload...

tovo

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:50 pm

sbolin wrote:
[url=
Has anyone tried this lesson?

The strumming and picking of the melody looks a difficult...looking for feeback before I purchase.

Comments are appreciated - Thank you!!
I've tried the lesson. It's hard to say how difficult you will find it given I have no idea of your level of experience. It's not a difficult tune but it's a cracking one. I actually saw the Church in a small club here in my home town of Adelaide recently at a gig and they did a great job of this one. It's a brilliant tune fun to play so I can recommend it and respectfully suggest that as it's a level 4 tune there's nothing there you can't master with some practice. Go for it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic