Which TGers inspire you?

BobR

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Yesterday I posted that Tony inspires me with all his thought provoking questions, and he does. I thought I could post again today but I thought hard and long and there are just too many. I am just inspired by all the wonderful people here at TG.

Sorry Tony for not playing by the rules. :blush:

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Still on the A's: My man of the day is Andy. Andy is one of the originals, a true pirate and Muppet commenting on anything and everything and contributing big time to the forum from the beginning. Andy is guy who cares and is there for anyone with a problem small or large. Here's to you Andy!

And thank you Rick (in Lincoln green) for your kind nod! Home work is in the post :-).

tombo1230

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Ok I will chip in my two cents worth and say this, I am inspired by this community, all of you. It's friendlyness, the quality of teaching, the great resources available to all of us and it's characters, of which there are many. What a great place for like minded friends to hang out. You keep me going. Since joining this community I have practiced playing almost every day. Not sure that would have happened if I wasn't here. So thanks everyone! (You know who you are) :) :laugh: :silly:

AndyT

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks Chris.
You're on my list, I'm still trying to think of the words to describe you. Happy, Can-do, Compassionate... All these things and more. You're a real Prince if there ever was one.

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm

The more I think about this the more my brain hurts!!

Its kinda unfair to be choosey and select a few,because majority of folks here inspire in so many different ways. I had thought a cop out would be to say all the founding members, but then that would not include some who have come along since. Then I thought special mention to Matt and Neil, without whom this is not possible so maybe there the inspiration most important, but then without you guys we wouldn't even know about Matt and Neil really, chicken and egg stuff there!

So I guess to all contributors, Neil, Matt, admins,support keep it going we have a really special place and its really down to you to keep it strong, friendly and supportive.

One special mention though to Chris I'm just amazed at how that old fella keeps pluggin away ;) (gotta get the age dig in whenever i can) ;)

So to you all keep on just what you are doing and thats inspiration enough

reiver

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:18 am

With thanks to those who have name checked me, I'd just like to say that my inspiration comes from those who displayed continuing hard work hard to strive for improvement, those who give their time feely to help fellow members and those who are willing to take themselves out of their comfort zones to perform live in public....whatever the circumstances and whoever the audience.

I doff my cap to all of you.

Stuart

TGMatt

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

I just caught up with this thread, and it is a lovely reflection of what is good in the world....easy to focus on negatives, in people, in events and circumstances, but when one looks for what is right, and who inspires then I think we become more human...

Rather than call out individuals I feel I should share for me that anyone who shows up here inspires me, whether they buy a program or a lesson or join us for Target, or just fleetingly show up for a look and then leave as quickly, just showing up as John Lennon said is half or more of success..

Anyone who has the courage to pick up a guitar is inspirational, any one who supports another is someone who inspires me, anyone who strives for greatness on any level inspires me, the drift towards constant and never ending improvement inspires me, the act of working through an issue be it a communication one, or something more simple, giving, sharing, supporting and the gentle act of cheer leading...

Thx to all of you who show up for life...

pbraun

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 am

Well I too have finally had a minute to catch up. What a surprise (and embarrassment) to see my name mentioned-thank you Bill and Pierre! There are way too many TGers to mention and I think they have all been listed already.
I have never been one to join an on line group, but when I found TG way back when, it was home. I have never met a group of people that inspire, motivate me to become a better player and or person. I feel as though I could call all of you my friend.
Not only is this a feel good thread, it is a feel good site!
Pete

suziko

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 am

This thread seemed like the right place to share with everyone a "first" for me, and something that probably wouldn't have happened had I not had so much encouragment from people here at TG.

Last night I got together with a group of women and played guitar for them while they sang along. Our sing-along lasted for about 3 hours, during which we got through around 15 songs. Most were strummers and mostly Target songs (Country Roads, Take it Easy, Closer to Fine) but I also attempted a couple of fingerpicking songs (Landslide and Blackbird). I was nervous as hell going into it, but I came away from it feeling excited and charged. My playing wasn't perfect by any means, but people were supportive and positive, and I think mostly any mistakes I made people didn't really notice or care about. I can't describe how happy I am to finally have done something like this. It's been both a wish and a fear of mine since I started learning to play guitar, so to finally attempt it felt great.

I owe so much to all my friends at TG who have encouraged me over the going-on 2 years that I've been here. All the kind words you've said to me in my videos helped me finally take the leap and play for "real" people. There are a couple people in particular who deserve a special shout-out: Shel, Tony and Nessa for always being supportive and encouraging. Dennis, who has always encouraged me to sing and who helped me to get the structure of Blackbird right, even though he was leaving on a trip to Italy the next day. And especially Stuart (reiver) who spent time working out melody notes with me (so that I'd have a starting note to give people for singing), suggesting good sing-along songs and vetoing duds, and just in general being a super supportive and wonderful pal. I feel really lucky to have such good friends.

Suzi

Music Junkie

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 am

suziko wrote:
This thread seemed like the right place to share with everyone a "first" for me, and something that probably wouldn't have happened had I not had so much encouragment from people here at TG.

Last night I got together with a group of women and played guitar for them while they sang along. Our sing-along lasted for about 3 hours, during which we got through around 15 songs. Most were strummers and mostly Target songs (Country Roads, Take it Easy, Closer to Fine) but I also attempted a couple of fingerpicking songs (Landslide and Blackbird). I was nervous as hell going into it, but I came away from it feeling excited and charged. My playing wasn't perfect by any means, but people were supportive and positive, and I think mostly any mistakes I made people didn't really notice or care about. I can't describe how happy I am to finally have done something like this. It's been both a wish and a fear of mine since I started learning to play guitar, so to finally attempt it felt great.

I owe so much to all my friends at TG who have encouraged me over the going-on 2 years that I've been here. All the kind words you've said to me in my videos helped me finally take the leap and play for "real" people. There are a couple people in particular who deserve a special shout-out: Shel, Tony and Nessa for always being supportive and encouraging. Dennis, who has always encouraged me to sing and who helped me to get the structure of Blackbird right, even though he was leaving on a trip to Italy the next day. And especially Stuart (reiver) who spent time working out melody notes with me (so that I'd have a starting note to give people for singing), suggesting good sing-along songs and vetoing duds, and just in general being a super supportive and wonderful pal. I feel really lucky to have such good friends.

Suzi
Dammit Suzi, there you go again....... You just inspired me yet again............ Glad to hear you got over another fear and came through it feeling stronger about your playing. We all see it every time you make an upload!!! ;) ;) ;)

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic