Which TGers inspire you?

lueders

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:45 am

ALRIGHT!!! The Suzinator! Raisin the roof for the ladies at the get-together...I am Super-Mondo HAPPY for you. That is really cool! Good on you!

And thank you very much...it is true I am pretty awesome. (psych) No, seriously that was really sweet of you!!
You too, green-man thank you very much!

I was just thinking the other day that Tammy was somebody I wish I knew better because I appreciate her quirky humor.

Anyways, speaking of "hijacking" I think I have pretty well hijacked this thread with my tangential rambles...this is about Suzi's killer concert with the gal- pals!

WAY TO GO SUZI!!!!

jim56

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:21 am

A TGer that has inspired me is Tom Varga. The way he tackles those level 8 and 9 lessons like Quicksand and Sleight of Hand has just blown me out of the water!
Tom makes it look so easy.

tovo

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 am

jim56 wrote:
A TGer that has inspired me is Tom Varga. The way he tackles those level 8 and 9 lessons like Quicksand and Sleight of Hand has just blown me out of the water!
Tom makes it look so easy.
Absolutely Jim. Tom does make the tough songs look easy, surely the sign of a terrific player. I put Mark from the UK in the same category. I love watching them both play.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 am

Missed a couple of days due to that distraction we call work!

I've been enjoying all the truths being told to people who thoroughly deserve the acknowledgements and praise. All made possible by the considerate thinking of our antipodal hero (I'm still on the A's here and need to sneak him in!) Tony. Tony has been a genuine, up-front, get-in-there-and-get it-done, straight-ace, stand-up guy and a pillar of the community from day one. If some of us are kites soaring high in the troposphere, Tony is a rock you can tie your kite to. In a fight, you'd want to have Tony in your corner.

Which brings me nicely to B. Now I couldn't wait to get to B as I can mention a guy I really get a kick out of: Bill Haoli25. Bill is not only a kind and generous spirit he has a fabulous sense of humour and turn of phrase and is 100% authentic. I like authentic. In my eyes he takes the as(s) out of Texas and single-handedly gives Texans back their good name (post Bush).

tovo

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
In a fight, you'd want to have Tony in your corner.
Metaphorically of course. I'm a lover not a fighter. Thanks Chris I appreciate your very kind words. (My name is actually Anthony you know so you ARE still on the As ;) )

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 am

I would certainly place Tom Varga and Mark (UK) in my list of inspirational TG'ers. The comments listed before mine say it all. Both members tackle tough songs and really do a great job. Both are very kind and supportive to other members. Mark always chimes in with solid advice on student reviews as well.

Cheers to you two and thanks for being a part of our community.

MJ

haoli25

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Which brings me nicely to B. Now I couldn't wait to get to B as I can mention a guy I really get a kick out of: Bill Haoli25. Bill is not only a kind and generous spirit he has a fabulous sense of humour and turn of phrase and is 100% authentic. I like authentic. In my eyes he takes the as(s) out of Texas and single-handedly gives Texans back their good name (post Bush).

I could get you Vegas-odds against that, Chris. :laugh: I am reminded that the first time I was called a son of a **** at work, it was by a preacher. :laugh: :silly: :laugh: Sooooooo, I have my moments.
You and Anthony are two of the very talented people on TG that makes this site so much fun for me.

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 am

And B is for Buddy. Where would we be without Buddy's video posts? We'd all be wondering if two posts in one month was showing off! No, seriously, when you put yourself out there it takes courage especially when you are just trying on a song for size and Buddy leads the way an that. Buddy's posts give us all permission to be out there too. Buddy has a great voice and stand-up style but he also can bring real spirit and feeling to the mix and I really appreciate those special songs. Here's to you Buddy!

willem

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:26 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
And B is for Buddy. Where would we be without Buddy's video posts? We'd all be wondering if two posts in one month was showing off! No, seriously, when you put yourself out there it takes courage especially when you are just trying on a song for size and Buddy leads the way an that. Buddy's posts give us all permission to be out there too. Buddy has a great voice and stand-up style but he also can bring real spirit and feeling to the mix and I really appreciate those special songs. Here's to you Buddy!

I really agree with that,,he is really an inspire for me..

AndyT

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:26 am

Gotta go with Al. His videos get better and better every time. But not just because of his technical prowess, but because he manages to include his wife in a way that is enjoyable for her as well. I'd love it if I could get my wife to join me when I play. And she already owns her own very nice 8 string tenor ukulele.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic