Which TGers inspire you?

rapsidy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:46 am

Craig wrote:
The entire site inspires me in many ways. There are too many individuals to mention. However, after much thought about this question, I have come to the realization that it was a HUGE inspirational moment brought on by many members that stands out to me.

When I started to play guitar about a year and a half ago, I had a GIGANTIC fear of playing in front of people. After observing the forum and the positive vibe that was coming from it, I decided that I needed to get over this self-conscience fear of mine. I figured I needed to face my self-imposed fear to ever move on and get better. So, one day I recorded myself playing. It was HORRIBLE! I can remember my hands literally shaking as I tried to play Pink Floyd's Brain Damage. I downloaded it to my computer, and went through the steps to upload it to the forum. It took me about a half hour to actually push the "upload" button. After pushing the upload button, I sat there looking at the computer thinking, what the hell did I do?! After about 10 minutes...that seemed like an hour, I got a response...

first I got a pair of clapping hands that said "Bravo" from Bill. Then I got a "welcome to the poster's club" from Chris. Then a "good job Mate" from Tony. A "Good on ya mate" from Chas. Dennis said good job. Rick said, good effort but there were some wrong notes! :laugh: Marc gave me some advice. Suzi, Michelle, Jason, Damian, and the list goes on said way to go...

I was so excited that I called my wife at work to tell her that I got some responses and nobody said it sucked! :laugh:

That moment, and the encouragement I received was my inspiration to keep working and enjoying the guitar.

All of you inspire me everyday.

For that I say THANK YOU to my TG friends.

Craig

lol Craig i think this was my exact same experiences, i had seen people put up youtube vids of them beginning to play and sing, just to be cruely critisied by people...and did exactly what you did.. I have grown in confidence... i am waiting for the ability to catch up :S :laugh: all because of watching and reading the folks input on here... Neil is awesome his streaming lessons sucks but thats another story :P :P

Honorable mentions in no particular order

chris neverfound ... has given me great advice and encouragement
Nesshy... wow that smile is infectious... she can play a bit too :)
willem... always first to respond and encourage.. just needs to work on the english ;) :P
michelle/tony well their aussies so they have to get a mention :laugh:

Acoustic AL .. well he is just a smooth operator B) B)
MarkM.. I see a lot of me in Mark except he can really strum... :blink: He has a crack singing .. i relate to that
Dean.. has been playing the same amount of time as me but he is really good :unsure: :unsure:
cori.. man he can play too and has great sense of humor.. needs to sing more in his vids ;)
Rick with the hood.. i think he is a bit layed back like me but always encouraging
Buddy.. he is a production machine with a voice like an AMP his vids always inspire, plus i get a lot of songs i have never heard from him ;)
Marc... appears to me to be a gentle giant but can bang out a good tune
Jay.. fingerpicking guru which inspires me heaps....
dennisg.. great all rounder, play, sing, produce and very positive feedback

D Dog damien who has disappeared a bit :blink: great voice, cool hand luke really enjoy his vids,, he and mark got me into the beatles with two of us.. thanks guys.. i now have bought all their records.. so you made me poor as well :( :( :(

suzuko.. style and class with a funny cat... her ws rain vid was the first i watched sorry suz :) so i monitor her progress .. gee you have improved a bit B)

Pbraun ... i started playing late so i get inspired when people older than myself are learning playing and singing and improving so much it gives me hope thanks pete

what i really want to see is a vid from CHAS to show me how to use a cole clark correctly????? and Halio25... even if its just to say hi man you dont even have to play anything :)

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE who make up TG i havent forgotten anyone im just tired and will finish later :P :P ;)

Brad

willem

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 am

rapsidy wrote:
Craig wrote:
The entire site inspires me in many ways. There are too many individuals to mention. However, after much thought about this question, I have come to the realization that it was a HUGE inspirational moment brought on by many members that stands out to me.

When I started to play guitar about a year and a half ago, I had a GIGANTIC fear of playing in front of people. After observing the forum and the positive vibe that was coming from it, I decided that I needed to get over this self-conscience fear of mine. I figured I needed to face my self-imposed fear to ever move on and get better. So, one day I recorded myself playing. It was HORRIBLE! I can remember my hands literally shaking as I tried to play Pink Floyd's Brain Damage. I downloaded it to my computer, and went through the steps to upload it to the forum. It took me about a half hour to actually push the "upload" button. After pushing the upload button, I sat there looking at the computer thinking, what the hell did I do?! After about 10 minutes...that seemed like an hour, I got a response...

first I got a pair of clapping hands that said "Bravo" from Bill. Then I got a "welcome to the poster's club" from Chris. Then a "good job Mate" from Tony. A "Good on ya mate" from Chas. Dennis said good job. Rick said, good effort but there were some wrong notes! :laugh: Marc gave me some advice. Suzi, Michelle, Jason, Damian, and the list goes on said way to go...

I was so excited that I called my wife at work to tell her that I got some responses and nobody said it sucked! :laugh:

That moment, and the encouragement I received was my inspiration to keep working and enjoying the guitar.

All of you inspire me everyday.

For that I say THANK YOU to my TG friends.

Craig

lol Craig i think this was my exact same experiences, i had seen people put up youtube vids of them beginning to play and sing, just to be cruely critisied by people...and did exactly what you did.. I have grown in confidence... i am waiting for the ability to catch up :S :laugh: all because of watching and reading the folks input on here... Neil is awesome his streaming lessons sucks but thats another story :P :P

Honorable mentions in no particular order

chris neverfound ... has given me great advice and encouragement
Nesshy... wow that smile is infectious... she can play a bit too :)
willem... always first to respond and encourage.. just needs to work on the english ;) :P
michelle/tony well their aussies so they have to get a mention :laugh:

Acoustic AL .. well he is just a smooth operator B) B)
MarkM.. I see a lot of me in Mark except he can really strum... :blink: He has a crack singing .. i relate to that
Dean.. has been playing the same amount of time as me but he is really good :unsure: :unsure:
cori.. man he can play too and has great sense of humor.. needs to sing more in his vids ;)
Rick with the hood.. i think he is a bit layed back like me but always encouraging
Buddy.. he is a production machine with a voice like an AMP his vids always inspire, plus i get a lot of songs i have never heard from him ;)
Marc... appears to me to be a gentle giant but can bang out a good tune
Jay.. fingerpicking guru which inspires me heaps....
dennisg.. great all rounder, play, sing, produce and very positive feedback

D Dog damien who has disappeared a bit :blink: great voice, cool hand luke really enjoy his vids,, he and mark got me into the beatles with two of us.. thanks guys.. i now have bought all their records.. so you made me poor as well :( :( :(

suzuko.. style and class with a funny cat... her ws rain vid was the first i watched sorry suz :) so i monitor her progress .. gee you have improved a bit B)

Pbraun ... i started playing late so i get inspired when people older than myself are learning playing and singing and improving so much it gives me hope thanks pete

what i really want to see is a vid from CHAS to show me how to use a cole clark correctly????? and Halio25... even if its just to say hi man you dont even have to play anything :)

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE who make up TG i havent forgotten anyone im just tired and will finish later :P :P ;)

Brad

Your so right ..i work on it,, can you tip me if it goes better..i never did a study,,well now i do.. and thanks i am on your list,,you are on mine too..

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 pm

andyt wrote:
Gotta go with Al. His videos get better and better every time. But not just because of his technical prowess, but because he manages to include his wife in a way that is enjoyable for her as well. I'd love it if I could get my wife to join me when I play. And she already owns her own very nice 8 string tenor ukulele.

Thank you Andy. I'll be sure Helen reads this as well.
On the note of duets with H..

We actually recorded something a few weeks ago. I was ordered to DELETE it. Just wasn't working.
Was a good song though- Rosie Thomas "Since You've Been Around". Check it out on youtube.

Hijack over.

:)

Music Junkie

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Well, this thread had been a little quiet for a while and I thought I would pop it back up a bit.......

I was inspired just the other day by Ness' kick-butt response to Cori's Cure clip. I think that her gesture is what makes this site the best. Not just great lessons and good info, but personal interaction with people who really want everybody to have fun and get better. For this I would like to wish Ness some major Karma and many Pizza Points......... B) :)

MJ

sandysue

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 am

Wów MJ! :ohmy: :blush: :blush:

Speechless..........but véry happy with the major karma and pizza points!! :P

Thank you so much MJ! :kiss: :kiss: :) :)

Music Junkie wrote:
Well, this thread had been a little quiet for a while and I thought I would pop it back up a bit.......

I was inspired just the other day by Ness' kick-butt response to Cori's Cure clip. I think that her gesture is what makes this site the best. Not just great lessons and good info, but personal interaction with people who really want everybody to have fun and get better. For this I would like to wish Ness some major Karma and many Pizza Points......... B) :)

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic