TG Banner World Signature Tour

Hydroman52

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 am

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the number. Looks like it has probably cleared all the bad weather that you've been having in the plains states, yesterday. If it departed Omaha on the 29th, it should have been on the other side of the Continental Divide by the time all the tornadoes hit (or do you call them twisters or cyclones?). I got a notice from FexEx that some of my inbound parcels may be delayed due to weather closings of distribution hubs. Regardless, the Banner can now say "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Or, perhaps we'll see it floating around in the new Oz film? We'll find out for sure on Monday!

Oh, here's something interesting. You may have to endure a commercial in the video (bummer) but keep watching, there's some good video.

Weather Channel vehicle takes direct hit

Hydroman52

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi Jim, so nice to see you and your daughter pop up in the Magical Banner Tour. Has Danielle continued to play violin ?

As Hydro mentioned, hopefully the banner got through the recent tornadoes, or if it didn't, let's just hope it falls into Neil's yard !

Pierre

jim56

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the number. Looks like it has probably cleared all the bad weather that you've been having in the plains states, yesterday. If it departed Omaha on the 29th, it should have been on the other side of the Continental Divide by the time all the tornadoes hit (or do you call them twisters or cyclones?). I got a notice from FexEx that some of my inbound parcels may be delayed due to weather closings of distribution hubs. Regardless, the Banner can now say "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Or, perhaps we'll see it floating around in the new Oz film? We'll find out for sure on Monday!

Oh, here's something interesting. You may have to endure a commercial in the video (bummer) but keep watching, there's some good video.

Weather Channel vehicle takes direct hit

Hydroman52
Wow, what a ride those guys got in their van! Wonder what they called that tornado as it rolled them over? :)
I would bet the banner is sitting in a UPS facility in CA. Its scheduled for delivery on Monday.

Jim

jim56

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Jim, so nice to see you and your daughter pop up in the Magical Banner Tour. Has Danielle continued to play violin ?

As Hydro mentioned, hopefully the banner got through the recent tornadoes, or if it didn't, let's just hope it falls into Neil's yard !

Pierre
Hey Pierre, Yes, Danielle continues to play her violin. And one day I hope to have a duet of "Dust in the Wind".

Jim

Hydroman52

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 am

Anybody willing to guess what song Neil will do for his Banner signing video? And while he's at it, maybe he can coerce some of the Fly On The Wall contributors to sign and do a video? Who says it has to be traveling to accumulate more graffiti. There's still lots of space.

Hydroman52

willem

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Anybody willing to guess what song Neil will do for his Banner signing video? And while he's at it, maybe he can coerce some of the Fly On The Wall contributors to sign and do a video? Who says it has to be traveling to accumulate more graffiti. There's still lots of space.

Hydroman52

Thats a great idea Rick.......................Fred get your pensil and do a little tune...

Willem

haoli25

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 am

I agree with Willem, that is a great idea. I would like to see the FOTW members sign too. Maybe even Matt Williams could "de-cloak" at TG Central and sign the banner too. I am looking forward to Neil's signing of the banner. I hope he plays a 'Neil Song'.

Bill

thereshopeyet

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:07 pm

What about folk at the IGC signing too ?

:ohmy:

jim56

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
What about folk at the IGC signing too ?

:ohmy:
And including the instructors; Muriel Anderson, Al Stewart, Alex de Grassi and Doug Young, Steve Palazzo and Richard Hoover.

jim56

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:13 am

jim56 wrote:
BANNER UPDATE

It's on it's way to TG Central.

San Jose, CA, United States 06/02/2013 8:03 P.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 06/02/2013 6:34 P.M. Departure Scan

Lenexa, KS, United States 05/29/2013 2:24 P.M. Departure Scan
05/29/2013 9:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
St. Joseph, MO, United States 05/29/2013 7:26 A.M. Departure Scan
05/29/2013 6:41 A.M. Arrival Scan
Omaha, NE, United States 05/29/2013 3:47 A.M. Departure Scan