What's your next purchase?

tovo

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:50 am

A topic I feel sure we have had before, but that doesn't matter. I feel sure I am going to come back from the USA lighter in the back pocket. So help me assuage my feelings of guilt by telling me what your next guitar or guitar related purchase is going to be.

It's really going to help me when I come back home with a new guitar to be able to say "but honey.....Craig just bought a new tuner....I HAD to buy a new guitar!!"

See how it works? So what is in your sights??

michelew

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 am

Tony,

Besides a few iTunes purchases, strings will be it for a while. Although I'm thinking of getting a ukulele in November. Suzi inspired me and it will serve as a travel guitar.

Shel

willem

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 am

End of this month an Breedlove C250/CMe,,,and i say ''honey this is really the last one and now i can do that love song for you 'cos it has a warm tone''...

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:31 am

Sorry mate can't help you our here, I just bought this baby 3 wks ago and I think wife credit all used up! Image

Taking it back next week though the electrics don't work at al! :(

willem

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Sorry mate can't help you our here, I just bought this baby 3 wks ago and I think wife credit all used up! Image
'

WOW Chas,, and i just said the Breedlove was the last one,,,,,oh.oh that love song has to be good or not maybe there must be a mandoline in as well,,,,

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 am

michelew wrote:
Tony,

Besides a few iTunes purchases, strings will be it for a while. Although I'm thinking of getting a ukulele in November. Suzi inspired me and it will serve as a travel guitar.

Shel
Michele,
I think it's quite worth your while to be able to have fun playing the ukulele, but if you expect a regular 4 string uke to be as useful as a "travel guitar", then you may be disappointed.

First of all, of course, the chords forms are different ... that means practice time that you won't be doing on 6 string guitar.

At the times I've put some effort into playing a uke, it became obvious that the vocal "ham factor" is important when playing an instrument with much less resonance than a guitar.

A few years back, I loved doing the tune "In the Year 2525" on my uke. Then a friend glanced at my guitar sitting idle in the corner and asked "Why are you being punished?"

I have since put my uke aside because it is effort enough to get good at guitar, but I do plan to get back to it.

The moral is, a 4-string instrument sounds kinda thin if you are expecting to use it as travel guitar.

But let me suggest that there are 6 and 8 string ukes out there that may possibly be more rewarding for use as a "travel guitar".
(look them up on YouTube, some interesting reviews there).

Pierre

snipe

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 am

Chas , I have one just like that.. no electric tho.. luv that thing.. still learning. For me Im getting a Breedlove C25/cre.
Retails for 1800 bucks. trading in my taylor for it. nice guitar..
Mike

lueders

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:54 am

1.) New Computer...I'm gonna bury this sucker in the back yard. What hunk 'o junk!

2.) A uKe... like Michele. (Darn you George Harrison and your cool songs!)

3.) Telecaster (wish list item)

4.) Gretsch Country Gentleman (wish list item)

Good copies would proabably do on either of the wish list items..

MarkM

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 am

Uh......I've already purchased two new steelstring-guitars this year (the ones that i used in the Suite Judy Blue Eyes and Michelle-videos)....so at this point I'm really done! ;)

But sure, a mandoline, or banjo would be nice to add to my guitar-collection! :cheer:

Ness

haoli25

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 am

I have two empty guitar stands to fill. From my "Always Wanted......" guitar list, the two leading contenders are, like Tony, a Gibson 335 (cherry red like B.B. King) and I also want to buy one of Olav Loef's guitars.
An impulse buy or a really good deal could completely blow this plan out of the water. With guitar buying, you have to keep an open mind....and wallet. :ohmy: :) :ohmy:

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic