What's your next purchase?

suziko

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:41 am

I don't see myself buying anything new anytime too soon, since I already own 2 probably-too-nice-for-me guitars, a uke, and a Baby Taylor. However, in my fantasy world, I wouldn't mind a mandolin or a piano. Or, actually, a Taylor GS Mini. The Baby Taylor has been a bit of a disappointment to me as a travel guitar (which is why I bought it originally), and I'm mostly keeping it around at this point with the thought that my daughter might play it. From what i've heard, the Mini has great sound and would probably be more what I wanted out of a travel guitar.

Suzi

michelew

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 am

A mandolin is definitely on the wish list. But, probably not the purchase list this year. But, a woman can still dream.

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 am

On the guitar front I am pretty set for a while (course that can change in an instant... ;) ). So for now, I am investing in some recording software and an interface for the computer. I have been toying with this for a while now and have done some research and received some great feedback from some kind folks here. So for Father's Day my wife and two sons are buying me my starter kit. I am very excited about the prospects.

I would love to get a mandolin one day. I am very thankful that left handed models don't hang around in the stores, because impulse would have got me already on that front..... :P

MJ

RicksPick

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:41 pm

At the moment Im salvating over a Simon & Patrick/Segul Cedar guitar, for the different tone
Will be testing some soon
A Mandolin to go with the Uke would be nice too,

RicksPick

sbutler

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Well I just had to drop 12 grand on a brand new boiler and hot water heater. So I really doubt that any new musical instruments will touch my hands unless they are in a show room

Scott

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:56 pm

haoli25 wrote:
I have two empty guitar stands to fill. From my "Always Wanted......" guitar list, the two leading contenders are, like Tony, a Gibson 335 (cherry red like B.B. King) and I also want to buy one of Olav Loef's guitars.
An impulse buy or a really good deal could completely blow this plan out of the water. With guitar buying, you have to keep an open mind....and wallet. :ohmy: :) :ohmy:

Bill
Good to see that someone else knows BB's Lucille was originally red not black as most tend to think. Hmmm I don't have enough guitar stands!!

haoli25

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 pm

sbutler wrote:
Well I just had to drop 12 grand on a brand new boiler and hot water heater. So I really doubt that any new musical instruments will touch my hands unless they are in a show room

Scott

A boiler and a water heater?!?!?! What fun is that? I thought you Alaskans "roughed it". :laugh: :silly: :laugh:

Bill

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:31 pm

haoli25 wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Scott

A boiler and a water heater?!?!?! What fun is that? I thought you Alaskans "roughed it". :laugh: :silly: :laugh:

Bill
I agree Bill, what a waste lol, 12K would have bought me a nice few additions to my collection, a signature Clapton strat for a start!

Now theres an idea Tony if you thinking about Blues a Custom Clapton Blackie, Image Blackie certainly played the Blues.

Catman

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:21 am

I'm still looking for a 12-string guitar...

I'll also be buying an amplifier for the acoustics, and I want to trade in my Fender FM65 solid-state amplifier for one of those "boutique" low-power tube amps that are all the rage....

Oh, and a couple of those Snark tuners...

-David

AndyT

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:52 am

My next purchase?
I'm saving up for an Android Tablet. (Pad)
It will take about 20 pounds of weight off of me since I carry a number of music books with me all the time. I can transfer all my music to it and have it all right there in a very light package. Just what I need. The one I'm looking at runs around $200. So it should only take me 3 or 4 months to save the money.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic