Guitar Camps

willem

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm

JiM,that sounds all good,,a guitar camp,,a new guitar,,an bear(did i read that right),beer ,wine,scotts,,music,,campers(campfire songs after a view beers),,i know for sure you at a blast,,were there Dylan fans??? what the heck you had fun and it shows in the uke thread that you certainly did your share,,,thanks for your story,,that was great..

BigBear

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Jim- awesome review of your camping experience! Thanks for sharing that with us as many of us I'm sure want to go but don't know what to expect.

I've had my eye on the Puget Sound camp for many years and after Dennis' experience I'm pretty sure I'm going to attend one, hopefully soon.

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks fort he camp news Jim! Sound like a great event. And see as the Dollar sank below the Fr.0.80 barrier today (10 years ago it was at Fr. 1.80 !!), the camp would be really cheep for me ... less than 700 of Cori's dog- turds ;-).

tovo

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Jim I enjoyed reading your very good piece on the guitar camp. Thanks for posting it.

BigBear

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:52 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks fort he camp news Jim! Sound like a great event. And see as the Dollar sank below the Fr.0.80 barrier today (10 years ago it was at Fr. 1.80 !!), the camp would be really cheep for me ... less than 700 of Cori's dog- turds ;-).

No wonder all you Europeans think Obama is such a great president!! Great for whom? LOL!

We'll be a third-world country soon!! Americans will be climbing the fence to get INTO Mexico!!! :lol:

jimcjimc

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chris,

They actually had wi-fi coverage at 2 of the cabins and if people had the right cell phone carrier and stood at the right place they could get a few bars on their phone. I didn't bring a laptop or tablet and my cell phone had no bars. I used a phone card to call my wife each day to check in with the family. Before the camp, I was watching the tour de France every day on TV when I woke up, so I missed that for a week.

But, another highlight of the trip was being away from the internet and TV and news of the world for a whole week, so I didn't have to hear about the daily negotiations between the president and congress on the debt ceiling & the falling US dollar :)

Willem - There were music fans of all tastes, including dylan fans. In fact, the student concert ended with a singalong rousing rendition of I Shall Be Released.

rdaltry

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 pm

wow great report jim! my 9yr old son is at a 3 week camp at UCLA that cost us over $3,500 !!! i gotta convince my wife to send me and the boy to music camp for a week next summer for HALF that cost! 8-) thanks for the continued inspiration TG'ers!

jimcjimc

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

rdaltry wrote:
wow great report jim! my 9yr old son is at a 3 week camp at UCLA that cost us over $3,500 !!! i gotta convince my wife to send me and the boy to music camp for a week next summer for HALF that cost! 8-) thanks for the continued inspiration TG'ers!
Hi rdaltry,

This particular camp has in the brochure: "CCMC is primarily for adults 18 and older. However, we do accept some students ages 14-17."

So, maybe in a few years, you and your son could attend...

rdaltry

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 am

thx jim - perhaps i can start convincing my wife now and by then i'll win her over... 8-)

Lavallee

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Jim, thanks for sharing your experience. It seems that there were all kinds of opportunities. When will we see your new guitar?

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic