Whom to impress?

haoli25

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Life is stressful enough, it doesn't need any additional help to add to the pressure. As Rick Nelson said in his song 'Garden Party', "......But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself...."
There are many things I would like to impress people with about me, guitar playing is not one of them. Sometimes a private smile at success (or a tantrum for a failure) is best. Unfortunately, that is rarely allowed on the Big Stage.

Bill

millponddave

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:46 pm

It would be nice to impress myself because I don't think I ever will, but since my son plays so much better than me and has so much more natural talent I would be pretty happy to see him impressed with my playing. That would be the best compliment for me!

Dave

dekotaj

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Well, my neighbor across the street. He played keyboard for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Has a platinum record on his wall and-I think-a Grammy or Emmy or some such. The man has had a stroke and a heart attack and is in poor health, but you should hear him play!

He has "minus tracks" where all the instruments are there except the keyboard. I mentioned "Your Song" and he played it from memory. Todd sang. Simply beautiful.

They open the garage door and practice. Draws a neighborhood crowd sometimes. Bring your beverage and lawn chair.

Anyone want to see a video? He said I could make one. Just no guitar, mind you.

TwoCat

tovo

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:

Anyone want to see a video? He said I could make one. Just no guitar, mind you.

TwoCat
Sam...make it and they will come.

Love to see a video.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:
... They open the garage door and practice. Draws a neighborhood crowd sometimes. Bring your beverage and lawn chair.
Anyone want to see a video? He said I could make one. ...
What ? And risk getting inspired ? Hmmm, lemmee think .... (ooh, that hurts !)

Pierre

Lavallee

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey Sam, it would be great to see a video of your neighbor playing the keyboard

Marc

suziko

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Guys

I approached them a week or so about this. They said OK, but you know how that goes. This fellow named Todd sings "That's Life" and he truly does it well.

I'll keep looking for that garage door to be open and listening, of course!

Yes, We/I could get inspired. We've already planned a Karaoke night to get Todd to come out of his shell. 'Course, I'm buyin'! :P

Samster

BigBear

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Easy. My wife. She is a great gal but has a "thing" about the guitar and singing or maybe it's just my playing and singing. And she won't even talk about it. Really odd. I'd be happy with "that song sounded good".

So everytime I hear you guys say your wife is totally supportive, or she encouraged you to buy that 914 Taylor I'm pretty envious. Heck, she's adopted every one of my hobbies except this one. Bird hunting, fly fishing, golf, dog training ... Maybe she figures this one is too hard to learn? LOL!

She's right!! ;)

buddy

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

BigBear wrote:
Easy. My wife. She is a great gal but has a "thing" about the guitar and singing or maybe it's just my playing and singing. And she won't even talk about it. Really odd. I'd be happy with "that song sounded good".

So everytime I hear you guys say your wife is totally supportive, or she encouraged you to buy that 914 Taylor I'm pretty envious. Heck, she's adopted every one of my hobbies except this one. Bird hunting, fly fishing, golf, dog training ... Maybe she figures this one is too hard to learn? LOL!

She's right!! ;)
Bear, Start playing the banjo and she will begging you to play the guitar again and telling you how much she enjoys it. :woohoo:

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

buddy wrote:
BigBear wrote:

She's right!! ;)
Bear, Start playing the banjo and she will begging you to play the guitar again and telling you how much she enjoys it. :woohoo:

Good idea Buddy, but the bagpipes would certainly work if all else fails :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic