Describe your habit

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:21 am

Well I wouldn't say I'm addicted, addicts never confess to their addictions right! But i have had two warnings from Police IT geeks about misuse of Police Internet lol!!! I got away with it though as I told them i was researching for the Police Guitar Club which I run (defunct at moment but hey its a good excuse)

Well my day starts in the morning earlier than Chris by the sound of it.. with a coffee and a overview of the forum, then I do my emails (priorities Ness really!) Sometimes at work I log on and have a catch up, bit wary of that now though due to official warnings lol! The as soon as I get home its a quick check on the forum to see what's been added, then its do the normal household things, then after dinner generally back to here to maybe then answer a few forum posts or add one or two.

So just cos I got the most posts doesn't mean I'm addicted does it? I still can't explain the strange shakes I get when away from home and can't log on though weird huh!

willem

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Well I wouldn't say I'm addicted, addicts never confess to their addictions right! But i have had two warnings from Police IT geeks about misuse of Police Internet lol!!! I got away with it though as I told them i was researching for the Police Guitar Club which I run (defunct at moment but hey its a good excuse)

Well my day starts in the morning earlier than Chris by the sound of it.. with a coffee and a overview of the forum, then I do my emails (priorities Ness really!) Sometimes at work I log on and have a catch up, bit wary of that now though due to official warnings lol! The as soon as I get home its a quick check on the forum to see what's been added, then its do the normal household things, then after dinner generally back to here to maybe then answer a few forum posts or add one or two.

So just cos I got the most posts doesn't mean I'm addicted does it? I still can't explain the strange shakes I get when away from home and can't log on though weird huh!

keep confessing it Chas..i hope we see a vid from the Police guitar club..ones

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:34 am

willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Unfortunately the Police Club has died a natural death, staff move on get posted to new jobs and the group has diminished even the band has now gone, shame it had makings of a good group. I am also moving on as have just bought a new house in Auckland and move up there on the 12th Aug. I am told though by my wife no less that in her office there is a drummer a vocalist another guitar player so all may not be lost just yet

tovo

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:40 am

It's good to read these responses. I guess I'd also really like to hear from people who check the forum regularly but never post. I'd really like to hear why. I guess it will be difficult to hear from them.....but I know you're out there! ;)

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 am

tovo wrote:
It's good to read these responses. I guess I'd also really like to hear from people who check the forum regularly but never post. I'd really like to hear why. I guess it will be difficult to hear from them.....but I know you're out there! ;)
Great point Tony , I'd love to know who reads these but never adds anything and also why?

willem

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:07 am

Chasplaya wrote:
willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Unfortunately the Police Club has died a natural death, staff move on get posted to new jobs and the group has diminished even the band has now gone, shame it had makings of a good group. I am also moving on as have just bought a new house in Auckland and move up there on the 12th Aug. I am told though by my wife no less that in her office there is a drummer a vocalist another guitar player so all may not be lost just yet
Great to Hear Chas,,so you see the addiction of music is everywhere hope when you meet and settled everthing is klicking.

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:49 am

willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Great to Hear Chas,,so you see the addiction of music is everywhere hope when you meet and settled everything is klicking.
You will be on my list as first to know Willem, If I win lotto then I will definitely have a Dutch band I would love to jam with

BigBear

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Tony- you always ask such great questions!! As evidenced by my dwindling forum posts I don't spend as much time as I used on the forum. I usually get on the forum late in the day or early evening and look for two specific things. First, what new songs are posted by Neil that I can add to the other 500 or so I want to learn. And I check for friends posts, like yours, and to see who may be busking something fun.

I decided that while I enjoy the camraderie immensely, spending too much time chatting was detracting from practicing, which is what I joined this site for. So I try to limit myself. Obviously, a person could spend hours chatting or commenting on this site and have a great time doing it but I don't want to look back in couple of years and feel ike I missed a great opportunity to get better.

I don't have habits or rituals regarding TG. I use it whenever I can find the time.

Cheers! :cheer:

AndyT

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 am

I am NOT an addict. The word is 'Devotee', thank you very much.

tovo

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 am

andyt wrote:
I am NOT an addict. The word is 'Devotee', thank you very much.
You know Andy...most addicts show unusual devotion to their addiction! ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic