Describe your habit

tovo

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 am

Your TG habit that is.

I'm interested in people's habits in relation to TG. When do you use? For me, I get my first hit early. Real early. I get up to practice, but whether it's 90 minutes or 2 hours depends on what you guys have been discussing overnight. If it's quiet, I get plenty of practice. If not....my practice suffers.

Then during the day I check out the forum several times. On weekends I check in several times a day.

What about you guys? Do you check in every day or only every few days? Do you check in and then leave it...or do you go back to the well again and again?

How serious is your habit? Do we all need help...or is it just me?

daryl

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 am

I think I'm as addicted as you are. I check the forum dozens of times all day long (everytime I take a break from chores).

michelew

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 am

Hi my name's Michele. I'm a TG-aholic.

SERIOUSLY addicted.

michelew

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 am

Haha, my TG-habit is embarrassing ridiculous! :laugh: :blush:

Well in the morning the site has the second hit for me (évery day), first I check emails, then it's definitely TG. Then during the day in between work or whatever I come back all the time, wich is easy, since I practically live behind my desk and since my work is music-related and since.....I just love the site (forum)!

So I'll admit, I'm indeed a TG-aholic, big time!! Am glad that I'm not the only one.... :S

Like right now, I should prepare some work, but instead I get distracted by one of Tony's many and often impossible interesting questions! :blink: :P

willem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 am

I think i got a virus...

But i got really to confess that i think ''and now something else for a moment''like a holiday break,,but that is'nt,,,it is more to get some overdue work done in the house or my garden,,or just a break down..

but i just think that...when it happen??? soon i think..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 am

My working day starts later than most people's so I usually have time in the morning to sit at the computer with my first coffee and check my mail and check the forum. I'll check out video posts first and then move to other subjects. By the time I've done that my croissants are ready to be dunked in my second coffee which fuels my answers to the forum posts. If I'm at home for the day, I'll randomly check the forums throughout the day. Weekends I often work and usually spend less time on the forum so I'm often running anti cyclically to most folks (didn't you just know!). I used to like to see in the ACTIVITY column what everyone was doing, posting a photo or making a comment about what they are doing and that gave me more points of contact with everyone. Now that doesn't happen and I can't remember the last time I visited a wall (even my own) or someone's blog or photos. Personally, I think this has diminished the communication and the fun side of TG greatly and I now spend less time on the forum because of that. For me, it has become less fun. Otherwise, I am quietly progressing on songs and technique.

willem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
My working day starts later than most people's so I usually have time in the morning to sit at the computer with my first coffee and check my mail and check the forum. I'll check out video posts first and then move to other subjects. By the time I've done that my croissants are ready to be dunked in my second coffee which fuels my answers to the forum posts. If I'm at home for the day, I'll randomly check the forums throughout the day. Weekends I often work and usually spend less time on the forum so I'm often running anti cyclically to most folks (didn't you just know!). I used to like to see in the ACTIVITY column what everyone was doing, posting a photo or making a comment about what they are doing and that gave me more points of contact with everyone. Now that doesn't happen and I can't remember the last time I visited a wall (even my own) or someone's blog or photos. Personally, I think this has diminished the communication and the fun side of TG greatly and I now spend less time on the forum because of that. For me, it has become less fun. Otherwise, I am quietly progressing on songs and technique.

Pity the wall's are gone,,,and the party's

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 am

Walls gone? When did that happen?
You are right, can't find any walls.

willem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Walls gone? When did that happen?
You are right, can't find any walls.
Did'nt you really know that???? they steel it..or was'nt it ours??

BobR

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:01 am

I am also addicted to TG. During the week I check in at lunch time at work(right now) and try to see whats going on. When I get home I check in again and stay logged in sometimes until it's time for bed. Usually around 11PM. Then I do it all over. On the weekends I log in in the AM and check back quite a few times during the day. HMMM maybe I need to practice more and spend less time on ..... :laugh:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic