Who did play the bleus with one finger???

willem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Who played the bleus with one finger???? and thumb of course.

skaladar

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm

The Reverend Gary Davis ... in fact, I read when asked why he only used the two fingers, he replied, “Because that's all you need”. ... :-)

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:52 pm

I think there are more that used the Thumb and one finger technick,,,but used also a second finger for some quick grace notes between a bass and melody note...

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 am

The following all did at one time or other

Doc Watson, Reverend Gary Davis, Scrapper Blackwell, Blind Boy Fuller, Floyd Council, Big Bill Broonzy,

willem

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:37 am

Chasplaya wrote:

Doc Watson, Reverend Gary Davis, Scrapper Blackwell, Blind Boy Fuller, Floyd Council, Big Bill Broonzy,

Hey,there they come,,two i never heard from,that is ,Scrapper B and Floyd C,,CHECKING.

what about Brownie Mcghee??

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 am

willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Hey,there they come,,two i never heard from,that is ,Scrapper B and Floyd C,,CHECKING.

That's what's amazing about this site Willem you learn something every day! Now I'm off checking McGhee lol

willem

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:11 am

Chasplaya wrote:
willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

That's what's amazing about this site Willem you learn something every day! Now I'm off checking McGhee lol

Brownie Mcghee and Sonny Terry blowing and sukcking(and other noices) holes,,they whopin the bleus..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic