Your Inspiration?

AndyT

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Hotel California, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Do You Feel Like I do and a couple of others were the main songs that drove me to learn guitar in the first place. What were yours?

Music Junkie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Andy:

The list of songs/artists that made me want to pick up the guitar and learn to play is humongous!!!!!!!! :) :)

A couple of them are:

Neal Schon - Bandalero

Neal Schon - 31-91

Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston

Whitesnake - Til' The Day I Die

Jackson Browne - Something Fine (Come on Cori, you knew this was going to be here, right?????)

John Denver - Rocky Mountain High

and oh so many more........ ;) ;)

MJ

Hydroman52

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Andy,

I’ll have to admit that it was probably really the girls that influenced me to pick up the guitar. After I waded through all of that, I wanted to play Eagles (Desperado), Neil Young (Harvest), Jimmy Buffet, America, Loggins & Messina, Cat Stevens, Savoy Brown, CSN&Y, Led Zeppelin, BTO, and (don’t ever forget) Smoke on the Water.

Hydroman52

leeson

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Hang in there until the lead comes in and tell me this doesn't make you want to take up the guitar!

millponddave

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 pm

I can't really say what inspired me to go buy a guitar and try to learn it except that I always enjoyed watching the guitar players of the various band that I would go to see, however, I was at a party one night and there were a couple of folks there playing and singing and it just looked like so much fun that I finally went out and bought a guitar.That was about twelve years ago and it sat in the corner and I would pick it up and kinda try to learn some scales and a few chords but didn't really do much. When I got divorced I decided that I would get more serious since I suddenly had more time on my hands so I started playing more and took a few lessons from a friend of a friend who is a very good player. I got in the habit of playing a little bit every day but really didn't progress much until I stumbled upon TG. Now I can honestly say that I am a guitar player,(although not a very good one yet). I have to say though, that my inspiration is all of the fine folks here at TG. Every time I log on I learn something from each video that you guys put up and from all of Neil's great lessons. It really is this community that keeps me inspired enough to keep practicing even when I feel like I will never master a particular skill, and then suddenly I realize that I've gotten it. What a great feeling!

Dave

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

From the misty grey depths of my mind I recall the first song that I practised on a friends guitar was ELP version of Nut Rocker, after that i was hooked. We played the piano bit on guitar or at least tried to!

willem

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:15 am

Of COURSE IT IS THE MUSIC BUT IT WAS REALLY A FRIEND AND FOR LAST 2 YEARS MANY OF FRIENDS,,YOUR ONE OF THEM..

AndyT

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 am

Thanks Willem! I always try to help in some way. I hope I've been able to help you out a time or two. You are a good friend to me as well!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:55 am

This whole album.....

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
This whole album.....
On my list as well Chris... Great Album!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic