Is it possible (and OK) to download audio from TG member videos?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:45 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I don't see downloading members audio as a major issue, but to be safe and ethical I think just pm them and ask each individual that you select
...you mean I should have PMed you Chas before I downloaded your last video and sold it to Time Warner?
Bwuhahaha!

michelew

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I don't see downloading members audio as a major issue, but to be safe and ethical I think just pm them and ask each individual that you select
Chas - nice etiquette. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hmm...Chas perhaps a contract is in order. What was I thinking?

Cool track download contract

Agreement between [name of cheeky music lover] -music lover and [TG member] - super cool video poster..

Period of agreement - until [specify date] or until they change the music formats again and mp3s don't work too.

I the aforementioned music lover would like to extract the audio from your - super cool video poster's fabulous video. Once I do this magic, I will continue to be inspired by it and enjoy it immensely. I expect to listen to it a great many times in many rooms of my house, in various public places - throughout head phones (shopping centres, Government buildings, places of public assembly, probably not prisons or places of worship), on trains, buses, aeroplanes, ferries, while walking, cooking, silly dancing, gardening...there may be smooching...

I will no doubt attempt to mimic your magic and... be warned that there will be periods of humming, whistling, bad singing, smiling and perchance tears.

[blah, blah, blah some legal mumbo jumbo that allows for things I've missed, perhaps reference to some obscure piece of legislation that can only be viewed by going into the basement of a hard to find library that looks reaaally old.]

[Please add any additional conditions here]

[Please add royalties, rates, and other such expected forms of payment/compensation here]

You agree to these terms once we've both crossed our hearts, turned around three times and adopted the 'Staying Alive' pose while looking North, at which point you'll notify me which seals the agreement.

So what do you think? Will that do it? Feel free to add any conditions I've missed. :)

Michele

tgjameela

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Hahahaha! You're hilarious!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P ;) :woohoo:

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:10 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
...you mean I should have PMed you Chas before I downloaded your last video and sold it to Time Warner?
Bwuhahaha!
My people will be in touch with your people shortly!

Mwahahahahaha

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:12 pm

michelew wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Agreement between [name of cheeky music lover] -music lover and [TG member] - super cool video poster..

Period of agreement - until [specify date] or until they change the music formats again and mp3s don't work too.

I the aforementioned music lover would like to extract the audio from your - super cool video poster's fabulous video. Once I do this magic, I will continue to be inspired by it and enjoy it immensely. I expect to listen to it a great many times in many rooms of my house, in various public places - throughout head phones (shopping centres, Government buildings, places of public assembly, probably not prisons or places of worship), on trains, buses, aeroplanes, ferries, while walking, cooking, silly dancing, gardening...there may be smooching...

I will no doubt attempt to mimic your magic and... be warned that there will be periods of humming, whistling, bad singing, smiling and perchance tears.

[blah, blah, blah some legal mumbo jumbo that allows for things I've missed, perhaps reference to some obscure piece of legislation that can only be viewed by going into the basement of a hard to find library that looks reaaally old.]

[Please add royalties, rates, and other such expected forms of payment/compensation here]

You agree to these terms once we've both crossed our hearts, turned around three times and adopted the 'Staying Alive' pose while looking North, at which point you'll notify me which seals the agreement.

So what do you think? Will that do it? Feel free to add any conditions I've missed. :)

Michele
You forgot to add doing the aforementioned whilst in the Lotus position chanting some totally irrelevant mumbo jumbo

sbutler

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
michelew wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Michele
You forgot to add doing the aforementioned whilst in the Lotus position chanting some totally irrelevant mumbo jumbo

Chas, you also forgot the old fashion, I spit in my hand, you spit in yours then we shake, just before a total detox and antiseptic rinse. Yeah, that should just about settle it.

Scott

michelew

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:48 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Shell.
If you want to convert any video on you tube (all our posts are on YT) just double click the video and it will take you to the YT URL, copy paste the url at one of the many sites which do the conversion for free, eg:
http://www.video2mp3.net/

And Bob's you father's brother! :-)
Actually, I do have an Uncle Bob. :)

Chris, I'm just dropping by again to say thanks for this advice. It was ridiculously easy!

Now I'll need to spend many, many hours I think downloading these cool track. What a hard life B)

ta

Michele

michelew

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:12 am

Oops..:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic