Is it possible (and OK) to download audio from TG member videos?

michelew

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:27 am

Hi y'all,

I wasn't sure where to put this question. If the is a tech group that provides an annwer please just point me at it.

I'd love to be able to down load the audio tracks of lots of the videos that people have posted and add it to my iTunes library so I can listen to them whenever and wherever I want to, without having to stream from YouTube which would blow out my phone download limit in a major way.

I'm not talking about ripping commercial songs and if any of you would hate to be in my music library just let me know. :)

Ok - so my questions are:

- Is it possible? (I've read something saying that you can do it with Audacity, but I'd rather not have to purchase Audacity)
- What's the best way to do it with a iMac, iPad? (Has anyone done it with GarageBand?)
- Does anyone see a problem with it? Any ethical issues? (It's for personal use only, you can trust me right? - would this face lie. Let me know if you think you might need royalties based on the number of plays or something :))

PM me if you think I'm a lunatic. Actually, it's been said before on the forum, so just go for it.

:)

M.

daryl

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 am

Audacity is free.

Realplayer (also free) will allow you to download most videos (but not videos from TG e.g. Neil's lessons).

michelew

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am

Thanks Daryl. I'll take a look at them both.

ta

M.

willem

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am

michelew wrote:
Hi y'all,

I wasn't sure where to put this question. If the is a tech group that provides an annwer please just point me at it.

I'd love to be able to down load the audio tracks of lots of the videos that people have posted and add it to my iTunes library so I can listen to them whenever and wherever I want to, without having to stream from YouTube which would blow out my phone download limit in a major way.

I'm not talking about ripping commercial songs and if any of you would hate to be in my music library just let me know. :)

Ok - so my questions are:

- Is it possible? (I've read something saying that you can do it with Audacity, but I'd rather not have to purchase Audacity)
- What's the best way to do it with a iMac, iPad? (Has anyone done it with GarageBand?)
- Does anyone see a problem with it? Any ethical issues? (It's for personal use only, you can trust me right? - would this face lie. Let me know if you think you might need royalties based on the number of plays or something :))

PM me if you think I'm a lunatic. Actually, it's been said before on the forum, so just go for it.

:)

M.
Michele,,what you think from a digital recorder(like the Boss micro BR) and plugin on your earphone from your computer and there you go(recording and after that convert to a Mp3)),,,i want do a view for you and send it to ya..

michelew

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am

Well I really have no idea Willem. And I don't have 'Boss...". But, have fun trying.

ta

M.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 am

Hi Shell.
If you want to convert any video on you tube (all our posts are on YT) just double click the video and it will take you to the YT URL, copy paste the url at one of the many sites which do the conversion for free, eg:
http://www.video2mp3.net/

And Bob's you father's brother! :-)

michelew

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am

Chris,

Brilliant!!! Thanks

... OK now who and which songs to put on the TG members bootleg album so I can make my fortune...hmmm... what's the winning combo :) Did I think that out loud. Must stop that.

Thanks.

M.

daryl

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 am

Maybe after you make your selections you can create a playlist on your YouTube channel and let us see/hear your bootleg album....

willem

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm

michelew wrote:
Chris,

Brilliant!!! Thanks

... OK now who and which songs to put on the TG members bootleg album so I can make my fortune...hmmm... what's the winning combo :) Did I think that out loud. Must stop that.

Thanks.

M.
@ Chris,,great Chris.

@ Michele,,who is winning the first golden record to hang on the wall??

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am

I don't see downloading members audio as a major issue, but to be safe and ethical I think just pm them and ask each individual that you select

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic