How about another TG World Collaboration?

millponddave

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Tony,
Sounds pretty fun. Count me in.

MarkM

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Tony,

Interesting idea. Tough job editing this one as there is one guitar part. Timing will be the key. I'm in. Just let me know what you want me to do. We did an Elton John song from what I can remember. I believe Chris had Jay do the editing on that one and it turned out really well. If Jay joins maybe he can share is editing experience as well.

MarkM

dsmarion

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 pm

After you do a test of cutting some clips together I think all involved should play as much of the song as they can with everyone set at the same metronome speed (and of course all tuned up). Then you can cut out each slice you want from each participant and have at least a chance of them going back together again in time and tune. Still will be tough but all that will help I believe.

Scott

tovo

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 pm

dsmarion wrote:
After you do a test of cutting some clips together I think all involved should play as much of the song as they can with everyone set at the same metronome speed (and of course all tuned up). Then you can cut out each slice you want from each participant and have at least a chance of them going back together again in time and tune. Still will be tough but all that will help I believe.

Scott
Yes I think that's a good idea Scott. It was suggested to me that Blackbird might be a particularly difficult choice, and I'm happy to hear alternative suggestions. We have done this before with reasonable success...for newer members check out the Collaboration on "Heart of Gold", pretty much what I am suggesting here just with more participants.

Anyway, at this stage still looking for expressions of interest to participate. It's just an idea. If there's not sufficient interest then no harm done whatsoever.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm

I am interested.

Thanks for putting up the idea , Tony

RicksPick

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 am

Hey Cool Can I get in too
And you have an offer to edit the video if needed

Will polish my Blackbird

RicksPick

BobR

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi Tony,

Sounds interesting. I have tried playing this but have not gotten too far so this might help me. I'll give it a try if you still need people.

Bob

tovo

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes Bob stiill need people..you`re very welcome to get on board for the big push mate!

mark

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Count me in as well

tovo

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:57 pm

OK so currently have 15. That's enough to go ahead. I've got some ideas from here and input from others so I'll ponder those for a bit and then we will be underway. Start practicing guys (All guys so far....would like to see the girls get on board).

Still would like to see more participants. It won't be onerous for you all....promise. The last big collaboration was a great reminder of the strength of community. A good vibe. I'd like your collective help to try to do it again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic