String Stymulus

frybaby

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Changed my strings yesterday, didn't really need to, but has some time on my hands, an extras set of string sitting around, and, after all, it was Labor Day.

So…. as mentioned, although I did not need to change my strings; I had some time on my hands and the house to myself, and was thinking about spend a good bit of time playing, but lacked motivation.
For some reason I really was not excited about picking up my guitar, for some unknown reason, I could not get up the desire to go pick up my guitar. .bored perhaps with what I've been practicing and playing, I could figure out why.
Should I overcome the lack of desire and force myself to play or forget about it and do some other meaningful activity.
Usually guitar wins out, hands down, in a contest of this nature, but not this time.
After much vacillating, and wanting not to pass up the opportunity to spend some quality time with my guitar, I decides to at least change the string.
I am always…..always amazed at the difference new strings make.
After the new strings were on, I could not put my guitar down. I was immediately propelled out of the guitar doldrums and with renewed vigor and enthusiasm, played for hours, enjoying every moment.
So, may I suggest, when ever a lack of desire to play for any reason, causes hesitation in playing and there’s no apparent reason,.change your strings. It will be worth it.
That's all.
Frybaby..

dsmarion

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Yep, nothing like the feel of new strings! And don't do what I did which was put my guitar down for 12 years! I regret that every day!

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic