Congratulations to Totally Guitars!!

haoli25

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:55 pm

So true, Matt. Image

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Chris Wrote:
If you think TG is greener pastures, there must be things that are right on for you, or not?
I too can’t express enough how much I appreciate the quality video, endless knowledge , support staff and interest Neil takes to pass on his knowledge and experience and dedication to the high professional standards he sets.

Neil has explained he doesn’t like to pamper us by spoon feeding us and prefers to make us think more and jump in where appropriate.

Often in a lesson Neil may comment, “I get all my beginning students to play song x or y”
As he considers it introduces a particular technique.

I suppose we already reap the benefits of cross referencing songs that concentrate on a technique used in later more involved songs.
TGMatt has been straight with me explaining that I probably wouldn’t follow a strict Beginners and onward regime.
After some thought, I would agree.
I do think I’ll have a look at the Blues series though.

The total beginners path already exists, along with the Comprehensive Acoustic Genius Series which contains detailed theory and exercises of all kinds.
Why reinvent the wheel.

More importantly, Neil has expressed that my thoughts are misguided to think like this so have accepted that there are more benefits to learning the way I currently am by pursuing the songs of interest to me in an informal and relaxed and supported nature by all within the forums.

I suppose the most difficult thing for other folk on other sites to understand is that they are missing out on something very special thinking that Totally Guitars sounds too good to believe, when actually it is very real.

Free songs are one thing, but they really need to join to understand.
Hanging about out side is simply wasting good time.
The wealth of resources, support, frankness and honesty, learning within Totally Guitars
There’s no greener than the Totally Guitars
Target Program

TGMatt

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Glad you feel that way about the place Dermot, we have a ways to go to make this a true worthy gold medal site, but we chip away each day with the resources we have..

The eclectic nature of everyone here, is sometimes what makes the 11 secret herbs and spices of TG work, so for the most part I enjoy all the personalities here...even when I dont believe in all they say all the time..

Cheers

TGNeil

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:38 pm

TGMatt wrote:
...The eclectic nature of everyone here, is sometimes what makes the 11 secret herbs and spices of TG work, so for the most part I enjoy all the personalities here...even when I don't believe in all they say all the time...
HEY! You promised you would never mention that there were secret ingredients, let alone the number of them. You also promised never to allude to the fact that the biggest influence in my teaching philosophies was the Southern Country Gentleman Harlan Sanders. How can we continue now that we have let the cat out of the bag???

Anon

TGMatt

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 pm

TGNeil wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
...The eclectic nature of everyone here, is sometimes what makes the 11 secret herbs and spices of TG work, so for the most part I enjoy all the personalities here...even when I don't believe in all they say all the time...
HEY! You promised you would never mention that there were secret ingredients, let alone the number of them. You also promised never to allude to the fact that the biggest influence in my teaching philosophies was the Southern Country Gentleman Harlan Sanders. How can we continue now that we have let the cat out of the bag???

Anon
It's true some of your best work comes after fried foods are consumed...what can I say mate..

P.s where is my Hamburger ?

TGNeil

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm

I saved it for a week and the Coree ate it.

TGMatt

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Ok this is appealing and descriptive of TG to me..

You want to sit ??..assemble the pieces

Or you can stand ...

Lol..

. Image

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks

dsmarion

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 am

TGMatt wrote:
Glad you feel that way about the place Dermot, we have a ways to go to make this a true worthy gold medal site, but we chip away each day with the resources we have..

The eclectic nature of everyone here, is sometimes what makes the 11 secret herbs and spices of TG work, so for the most part I enjoy all the personalities here...even when I dont believe in all they say all the time..

Cheers
Just FYI
For those outside the US that may not get this, Kentucky Fried Chicken retaurants for years used the slogan of having 11 secret herbs and spices in their chicken recipe which made them better than the others.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 am

Now that's what I call an answer.
Thank you kindly sir!

thereshopeyet wrote:
Chris Wrote:
If you think TG is greener pastures, there must be things that are right on for you, or not?
I too can’t express enough how much I appreciate the quality video, endless knowledge , support staff and interest Neil takes to pass on his knowledge and experience and dedication to the high professional standards he sets.

Neil has explained he doesn’t like to pamper us by spoon feeding us and prefers to make us think more and jump in where appropriate.

Often in a lesson Neil may comment, “I get all my beginning students to play song x or y”
As he considers it introduces a particular technique.

I suppose we already reap the benefits of cross referencing songs that concentrate on a technique used in later more involved songs.
TGMatt has been straight with me explaining that I probably wouldn’t follow a strict Beginners and onward regime.
After some thought, I would agree.
I do think I’ll have a look at the Blues series though.

The total beginners path already exists, along with the Comprehensive Acoustic Genius Series which contains detailed theory and exercises of all kinds.
Why reinvent the wheel.

More importantly, Neil has expressed that my thoughts are misguided to think like this so have accepted that there are more benefits to learning the way I currently am by pursuing the songs of interest to me in an informal and relaxed and supported nature by all within the forums.

I suppose the most difficult thing for other folk on other sites to understand is that they are missing out on something very special thinking that Totally Guitars sounds too good to believe, when actually it is very real.

Free songs are one thing, but they really need to join to understand.
Hanging about out side is simply wasting good time.
The wealth of resources, support, frankness and honesty, learning within Totally Guitars
There’s no greener than the Totally Guitars
Target Program

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic