Revisiting Die Gitarre in Winterthur

MarkM

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Chris,

That was wonderful. I could listen/watch stuff like this all day. It's always nice to be introduced to new guitars. I hope you do walk away with that dream guitar next time you visit. If you like this sort of stuff Taylor is putting on a roadshow probably not too far from where you live. Even if you aren't interested in the brand it is a great opportunity to see/hear how the different body shapes and woods effect the tone of a guitar. Below is the information on where the Road Show is taking place. I've also included the URL for other dates that may be located near by.

Morges, Switzerland 11/23/2011 7:00 PM
Boullard Musique
Al Riond Bosson 10
1110 Morges
Switzerland
+41 21 811 28 28

http://www.taylorguitars.com/roadshow/

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 am

Hey Bob and Mark, thanks for dropping by. Thanks for the info on Taylor in Morges Mark. Die Gitarre regularly arranges for the big names to hold an evening's seminar throughout the year... just haven't been able to show up there yet.

Did I mention, there is a little guitar shop across the road from me here, next to the guy with the horses, shop hours open on request. I'll pop over with the camera one day and check out the Irish guitars he has there... Avalon... and post.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Franco said these are the correct the prices:

Gibson Advanced Jumbo ( Bone Crusher ) 3150 Dollar

Martin HD 28 3400 Dollar

Taylor 814ce LTD 6900 Dollar

BSG GJ33 6200 Dollar

sbutler

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Go for it Chris. Your only postponeing the inevitable.

Scott

ps, don't take my advice, I'm married to an accountant who doesn't understand why anyone would need more than one guitar.

loek

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 pm

I just bought a new Furch S-40-CM Jumbo at Die Gitarre two weeks ago.
it's awsome , and has this wonderful sound.
a good shop. thanks!

heyjoe

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 am

I'm dribbling again, thanks Chris.

Watching videos in guitar shops is always a dangerous thing to do, we always want more.

Lovely video Chris, so many fantastic guitars to choose from. You're lucky having such a shop close by.

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:22 am

loek wrote:
a good shop. thanks!
Good job Loek! Great guitar shop, eh? I tried out the Furch (Stonebridge) and liked it too.

Now, there is another member here who has actually bought my dream guitar from Die Gittare and is sitting at home stroking its lovely strings right now.... and I really hope he posts a video sooooooon so we can all admire it! :-)
Please!

Chris
No, unfortunately, its not me! :blush:

willem

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
loek wrote:
a good shop. thanks!
Good job Loek! Great guitar shop, eh? I tried out the Furch (Stonebridge) and liked it too.

Now, there is another member here who has actually bought my dream guitar from Die Gittare and is sitting at home stroking its lovely strings right now.... and I really hope he posts a video sooooooon so we can all admire it! :-)
Please!

Chris
No, unfortunately, its not me! :blush:

pity for you Chris but when do you buy??

sbutler

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
An interesting point Franco made about the Gibsons is that you can pick them out in the mix so that when there is a lot going on in a song on stage or the studio mix, you can identify the Gibson really well.

It's fascinating to me how each make of guitar has its distinctive sound. I know the sound of Takamine very well having owned two for many years and I can now identify the Martin and Taylor sound too. Interesting that the guitars made in Czech Republic(BSG & Furch / Stonebridge) have a sound which speaks to me (a lot of sustain, overtones, bright), what I'd call a "European" sound. It is also clear to me by now that I don't need a cutaway or electronics and its the dreadnought shape and feel which sits well in my hands and ears. I'm slowly becoming sensitized to the subtitles of guitars.
I was thinking the very same things yesterday while driving Chris. It occurred to me, that someone new to playing an acoustic, would not be able to detect the subtle differences that you are describing. Its really something to think about when advising a newbie about selecting their first.
Scott

michelew

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:11 am

sbutler wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
An interesting point Franco made about the Gibsons is that you can pick them out in the mix so that when there is a lot going on in a song on stage or the studio mix, you can identify the Gibson really well.

It's fascinating to me how each make of guitar has its distinctive sound. I know the sound of Takamine very well having owned two for many years and I can now identify the Martin and Taylor sound too. Interesting that the guitars made in Czech Republic(BSG & Furch / Stonebridge) have a sound which speaks to me (a lot of sustain, overtones, bright), what I'd call a "European" sound. It is also clear to me by now that I don't need a cutaway or electronics and its the dreadnought shape and feel which sits well in my hands and ears. I'm slowly becoming sensitized to the subtitles of guitars.
I was thinking the very same things yesterday while driving Chris. It occurred to me, that someone new to playing an acoustic, would not be able to detect the subtle differences that you are describing. Its really something to think about when advising a newbie about selecting their first.
Scott
They really are some fancy guitars.

I remember thinking when reading this the first time Chris, that you'd probably really like my Hofner. It may just be that it is a 12 fret to the neck classical, but it beats my Larrivee hands down for resonance and deep, richness even though it has a smaller body. Oh course it also has nylon strings which give it a completely different flavour. But, I'm always blown away by how big and rich the sound is for such a little guitar. It of course is German and therefore has a 'Eurpoean" sound, so I'm wondering whether you've tried the Hofners too. Mine isn't rosewood so a lot cheaper than the ones you've been craving. I'd be interested in knowing how you think they compare tot he Czech models.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic