Stephen Stills Concert footage

MarkM

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 am

Once I moved to GA a few months back I had gotten on one of those TicketMaster lists that show all concerts in the general Atlanta area. I noticed a nice surprise that Stephen Still's was going out on a solo tour after spending the summer with The Buffalo Springfield. I grabbed two tickets and then worried about who would like to join me. I reached out to Prbraun (Pete) here in GA to see if he wanted to join me for the show. Thankfully he agreed to go. So yesterday I was fortunate to be able to visit with Pete at his beautiful home. I had brought my guitar so we noodled around for a few hours and discussed The Beatles, JT, CSNY, etc throughout the day.

As the afternoon came to a close we headed down to Atlanta to watch the show. It was general seating (term used lightly) so we found ourselves about 10 feet from the stage. Pretty good sight lines from what you'll see. Anyway Stephen put on a very good show and I've got a few clips to share. This one grabbed our attention. You'll hear the familiar tuning but what you won't recognize is how he put these two classic songs together into a sort of medley. Very cool if you ask me. I think George would approve (that's it for the hints). I hope you enjoy this. I've got a few more I'll post later in the day.

MarkM

Here is another one. It was nice to see him pull this song out of the treasure chest.

daryl

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 am

That was fun Mark. Thanks for posting.

BobR

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 am

Very Cool Mark,

Nice that you were able to visit with Pete and then with Stephen :laugh: . I hear he hit some very high notes and even he said he was surprised :P

Thanks for sharing your concert.

Bob

sbutler

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 pm

The thing I miss most about living in Alaska, is that I no longer get to see shows like this. You guys are lucky. Mark, Thanks for sharing.

Scott

dsmarion

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Now there is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing at all! Thanks for posting!

Scott

BigBear

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Mark- pretty darned good for an old, almost deaf guy with no voice!!! Still one of the greatest guitarists, IMHO, of all time and greatly underrated. Looked like a terriffic show.

I've been fortunate to see Stills with Buffalo Springfield, Manassas and maybe 10-12 times with C,S,N (and a couple with Y) but never by himself. What a treat, even at this stage of his career.

Thanks for sharing! Brings back great memories and I'm glad you and Pete were able to get together to share an evening of great music!!

Cheers! :cheer:

pbraun

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:41 pm

What a great show, Mark gave me a copy of Stephens solo live show and I listened to it on the way there and back home. I played a few of those songs in my head as I worked today. Had a great time. I was glad to see that the recording picked up his voice and not as much of the two girls behind us!
Had a great time getting to know Mark, as he said it was more noodling and talking but alot of fun, next time we'll be able to put someting together.
Wouldn't have happened without TG!
Thanks for inviting me Mark!
Pete

michelew

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:25 am

Mark,

I enjoyed those. Thanks.

M.

dennisg

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 pm

This was great to watch. Thanks for posting, Mark.

For our international friends, GA is Georgia.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic