More Stills concert footage

MarkM

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Here is another song from the concert the other night. Stephen did a little intro to this song which I missed in the recording. He was discussing with us that he wrote this song many years ago in the way all the folk singers were doing it back in Greenwich Villiage in the 60's. Meaning that there was verse after verse after verse and on and on. Well, over the years he would forget some of the lyrics and by last year or so he was only left remembering about a verse and a half. So instead of going back and looking at the lyrics again he just rewrote the song. I first heard this song on his Still's Alone CD which I think came out around 1990. Anyway the lyrics in this are very different which kind of made this a new song for me as well. Actually upon hearing this for the first time on the CD is what really made me want to learn the acoustic guitar. Hope you enjoy.

Oh this is called Blind Fiddler Medley

MarkM

pbraun

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Thought this song was great, his opening remarks were so funny, parts of it should be said here but you can get the drift! He really drew the audience into each song when he talked about them, some he didn't need to but when he did it was special.
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic