Bit of an update

tovo

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey all,

I saw the MIA thread but didn't want to hijack that.

I sure haven't been around as much as I would like lately. A lot of international travel, mainly to Indonesia, and busy times at work. I must say that usually doesn't keep me from the forum, but things have just been crazy.

Been working on literally nothing but blues over the past 2 months or so. Making good progress I think and feeling like a bit of a guitarist when I master a long lick. I have used the blues practice to finally start to work on theory and learning every damn note on the board! I must thank Shel for mentioning the fretboard addict application in one of her posts, I bought it immediately and I'm finding it very useful.

One bummer is that all of my recording gear was stolen in a break-in about 2 months ago. We are over it now but of course it's never nice to have your home invaded by strangers. To quote Pulp Fiction "I wish I could have caught them doing it....it would have been worth them doing it just so I could catch them!"

Anyway...that's the psycho in me talking!

Just thought I would say that I am about and hope to spend more time on TG now I'm back in the country (not yours mine) for a while.

As Chas said once, you can check out anytime...but you can never leave.

willem

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Its a shame Tony they steel'd your gear,,must have brought a strange feeling has you said,,,i'm very courius a baut your bleus,,you can give it now a special feel exstra after that experience,,damn...

keep to good life up.....

lueders

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 pm

AAH! That sucks Tony!

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Mate,

Knew you wouldn't be away for too long. Real bummer about the break in, your emotions will really come out in the Blues now if that's any consolation :laugh: As long as they didn't touch the guitars that's the main thing. I've finally moved to Auckland full time now, no job as yet but NZ Police paid me out severance B) . Still working off my laptop as my cave/office/music room still not sorted out although guitars are now all on wall hangers, got to get onto posting that 2nd Layla solo since you did the first one.

Music Junkie

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey Tony, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the break-in. My truck was broken into not too long ago and my IPod was stolen. We become very lax around here, because we have very little in the way of crime in my hometown. I am probably better off that I did not catch them..... I would probably have ended up in jail myself.... The feeling of violation is a difficult one to shake right away. Live and learn I guess.

Good to hear that you are doing well and that you are back home safe.

MJ

daryl

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Some people..... :angry: .....but you still can't shoot 'em. :(

I've been 'violated' twice (when I was younger). It's not a pleasant feeling. Did they take your guitars too?

tovo

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for the well wishes guys. No my guitars are safe. Thank goodness. I like to think I don't covet "things" but I would be devastated if I lost any of my Taylors. I was actually thinking of buying a Cole Clark..not to play of course..just to use as bait for thieves, but then I realised I would be very unlikely to get a bite....unlike here where I expect the bite to come quite quickly.

suziko

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Tony- I'm so sorry to hear about your break-in. That is awful. I can't imagine how upset you all must have been. I"m glad to hear your Taylors weren't taken, though.

Very cool to hear that you're tackling the blues. You've got the voice for it!

Suzi

AcousticAl

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Aaaah Tony, I've missed you indeed! Great to hear an update of what's going on, and of course definitely not so great to hear about the break-in....pfffff.....must have been hard, and maybe still here and there, I hope your wife and kids are okay as well....well I'm happy to read you're still alive and kicking the blues anyway! ;)

Ness

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39 pm

tovo wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes guys. No my guitars are safe. Thank goodness. I like to think I don't covet "things" but I would be devastated if I lost any of my Taylors. I was actually thinking of buying a Cole Clark..not to play of course..just to use as bait for thieves, but then I realised I would be very unlikely to get a bite....unlike here where I expect the bite to come quite quickly.
Ok I'll play the game, Of course a Cole Clark would be stolen before a Taylor even thieving gits have taste and know a good thing when they see it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic