Bit of an update

buddy

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Tony, I was wondering where you had been hiding. Bummer about the break in, hope you can recover some of your gear. Let me know if you need to borrow some hunting dogs, they really tend to keep the strangers away, LOL.

Bud

coomba

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Ok I'll bite too
Tony sorry to here about the break in but your idea of leaving out a Cole Clark to protect your Taylors is a stroke of genius as it would be the only thing taken, but If I were you I would still hide the taylor's as they could be used to prop open the window while the bastards make there escape. They might get scratched and then you would get even less for them when you trade them in to buy your new Col Clark . :)

That was easier than snapper fishing a Tony

Cheers mate
Scott

BobR

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Tony,

That sure sucks big time getting ripped off. :( I always wonder if they ever think how they would feel if they got robbed. GUESS NOT.

Glad to hear you're around and about

Bob

reiver

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey Tony - good to see you around. Sorry to hear about your problems - good thing you took up playing the blues! Maybe writing a song about it would be therapeutic :) Glad to hear they didn't take your Taylors. My guess is (based on the numbers here at TG) they already had a couple at home. I had been considering putting up a video showing my new recording set up but now that would feel a bit like gloating!

Looking forward to seeing some of those blues licks in your next upload.

S

dsmarion

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey Tony,

Very sad to hear about your stuff. I have had a house broken into once and lost a few beautiful things including a beautiful guitar and irreplaceable stereo I bought in Japan when I was in the service many years ago. No bigger empty feeling I ever remember than that day, I really feel your pain. Glad to see you're still hanging round the forums though and that work is busy. Good problem to have. Take care.

Scott

MarkM

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow Tony. Well look at it this way, things could be worse. Although you've been traveling (I know the feeling), You've got a good job and that's key. The pricks that robbed you could have taken much more and things could have been much worse there. You could have been there with the Cole Clark and bashed them over the head with it but it would have been guitar abuse. I'm glad things are starting to look better for you. Keep plugging away on the blues and give us all a taste as soon as you can. Take care.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 pm

tovo wrote:
... To quote Pulp Fiction "I wish I could have caught them doing it....it would have been worth them doing it just so I could catch them!" Anyway...that's the psycho in me talking! ...
Tony, you may get some vicarious enjoyment from the following:

I once met a man who told me of attending an advanced martial arts (Aikido) camp in the city of Ottawa, Canada (that name ring a bell?).

He had traveled a few hundred miles to attend the week-long intensive, and since it was summer, this guy decided to bring his camper van to sleep in, parking it near the dojo where he would spend long days training.

In the wee hours one night, two unsuspecting thieves decided to break into the van ...
Imagine the poor buggers' shock at suddenly having a full-fledged samourai jump out of the van, expertly flailing a full-length sabre, accompanied by wild blood-curdling vocals !

Anyway, nobody got hurt: they sure didn't stick around. Some people have all the luck ... choose a van to burglarize on a quiet street and there's a pissed-off ninja in it ... talk about a bad day at the office :silly:

Pierre

coomba

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Tony your situation just reminded me of something that happened to a friend of mine several years ago.

He had all his heavy game fishing rods an reals stolen from his boat, he did the usual and rang the cops and the insurance company (who refused to pay up but that's another story)
Anyway the cops didn't give him much hope at finding the mongrels or his gear so after a few days he decided to check out all the second hand dealers in the Newcastle area and to his surprise (and the dealers) there was his gear up for sale in the window, after confronting the dealer the cops were called and his gear was returned, Just a thought ya never know? I would also keep a search on E-bay for a while of all the gear they took in case it shows up there. You may never get your stuff back but its probably more than the cops will do.

I know its a long shot

Best of luck

Cheers Scott

PS if you do happen to find your stuff on e-bay , local pick up would be fun but don't forget back up. (to hold you back) :angry:

tovo

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey guys (and girls!) thanks again for the comments. I enjoyed the light-hearted ones, you have to make fun of these situations when you can or you let scummy people get you down eh!

Bashing the thieves over the head with a Cole Clark would be satisfying and probably the best tone you could get from the thing! ;)

Scott's comment reminds me that some of our community are doing it tough on the work-front and so I sure know having a busy job that takes me all over the World is a blessing not a curse. Thanks Scott.

To the other Scott...they got my fishing rods as well!!! Bastards!

Just to answer some questions; My family is safe and well, thanks Ness for asking. We were at home during the break in but it occurred at the rear of my property away from the main house. They broke into the "man-cave" and the shed. Cindy my wife heard a noise but didn't think much of it. My guitars were all safe and sound in the main house....but of course my family's safety was most important. All the gear WAS insured so it will all be replaced soon (some already has been).

All good!

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:30 pm

tovo wrote:
[quote

Bashing the thieves over the head with a Cole Clark would be satisfying and probably the best tone you could get from the thing! ;)

All the gear WAS insured so it will all be replaced soon (some already has been).

All good![/quote]

Good thinking Tony, given the great construction of the Cole Clark it would survive much better than a Taylor! Did you remember to add the Gibson J200 and the Eric Clapton Signature strat to the Insurance list?

Man scary when you were still at home when it happened though, got the razor wire fence installed and machine gun towers yet? Not forgetting the minefield!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic