Mad World- by Suziko

abiliog

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:01 am

Suzy,
I just love the way you played it, very very good performance.
One more song to the must to-do list,
Thanks for inspiring me, beautiful
Abilio

suziko

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Abilio,

Thanks so much for your kind comment! I'm really glad you enjoyed. Thanks for watching.

Suzi

Max

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Suzi, Great job on a hauntingly beautiful sad sad song.

You might want to try singing along with this song (easy for me to say I haven't even tried to play it yet).

There's a version mad World that American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert sang that was very well done.
I don't want to post another video on this thread, if you want to hear it go to youtube and search for: Mad World (Top 8) LIVE - Adam Lambert.

Thanks for Sharing, Max

suziko

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks, Max! Adam Lambert certainly has a very good voice.

The thing I like about these chord solos is that it puts the focus straight on the guitar playing. But I do love the lyrics to this song, so I'll probably have a go at singing it in my own house!

Thanks again for watching and commenting.

Suzi

BigBear

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Suzi- sorry I'm so slow to weigh in on this but that was just fabulous. I've been messing around with this song but I'm not even close to your version. Did you find a good tab for this or did you figure it all out yourself? If it was a tab could you point me to it?

Your playing ability and growth as a musician continues to be amazing. Very well done indeed.

Congrats and thanks for sharing one of my favorite songs!!! :cheer:

suziko

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks, Rick, for your very kind comment! I got the tab for this song from Stuart (reiver) and would be happy to pass it on to you. Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you, either as a PDF or in Guitar Pro format, if you use that software (I do).

Suzi

Lavallee

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 am

Bonjour Suzi, that was very well played,you did transfer the emotion of the song. Your playing skills and progression are simply amazing, every video seems a step forward, certainly a good reason why you are always getting a lot of comments when you post. I noticed your right hand position is like Neil is recommend (slight bent wrist, finger pointing down, thumb in the same axis as the strings). The quick bass line seemed easy to do.

Marc

suziko

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:07 am

Merci Marc! It's nice to see you back in the forum. You've been missed! I hope we'll see something from you soon, too!

Suzi

sws626

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi Suzi,
I just popped in for a quick look around and saw your Mad World video. I've worked on this a little bit off and on from time to time -- not enough to get it to the level you play here, but enough to appreciate the challenge. It looks like you've already gotten a lot of constructive feedback -- which, unfortuantely, I don't have time to read through. But I just want to say that I thought this was terrific. Now I'm looking forward to hearing you sing it too.
-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic