Mad World- by Suziko

tombo1230

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Good job suzi. A great tune but looks tricky in places but you managed to play it well.
I also had forgotten how much I really like this tune, thanks for reminding me. :)

Tom N.

RicksPick

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Nice Suzi

Such a stand out song
Sweetly done

RicksPick

buddy

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Suzi, This is just a really lovely rendition of this great tune. Your playing is wonderful in this video.

Bud

mark

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Nicely played
Another one to my todo list

Craig

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Suzi,
Really well done. I thought your picking was very clean and clear. I recognized the song right away although I never knew that was the name of it. Your guitar sounds great, but even nice guitars only sound great if you play them great!
Way to go.
Craig

suziko

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:47 pm

MarkM- I’m really glad you liked the video. Regarding my Martin- yes, I like it a lot! I think I’ve played it in a couple of other videos, though I’m not sure which. I’ve had it for about 6 months now. The body is elongated down to the 12th fret, so it has a lot of sound. It’s a great fingerstyle guitar. It’s more mellow and somber than my cheery Taylor. But both are great guitars. They're like yin and yang :)

Willem- thanks for watching! You should have a go at this song again. It’s worth it!

Scott- thank you! I love it as a solo piece, too.

Tom- It is a tricky song (or at least for my skill-level it is). When I first looked at the tab I thought I’d have it down in a few days. Fast forward at least a month later, and it’s still not perfect! Anyway, thank you, and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Rick- thank you! Really glad you enjoyed.

Buddy- Thanks for your kind words! It was a joy to work on.

Mark- I understand the never-ending “to-do” list very well! :) Thanks!

Suzi

suziko

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Craig- Oops, you snuck in while I was replying :) Thanks so much for your kind comment. I haven't tackled a tricky fingerpicking piece in a while, so it was nice to get back to that. I love this song and I was glad to learn it, even if it's not perfect quite yet.

Suzi

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Suzi Beautifully played, nice guitar also. This is one of my favourite tunes and I have the same tab, I first heard this on You Tube by Sungha Jung playing Uli's version. It is a deceptive piece more to it than meets the eye.

jayswett

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Lovely, as always. Well done. It does look a bit tricky. A nice way to start my Thanksgiving weekend>

dsmarion

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Suzi,

While I am not familiar with this song I think it was very nicely played and I loved the dynamics of the piece. Lovely performance!

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic