Twang! Just bust a string!

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 am

Tom:

Sorry to hear about the injury.... :( A friend of mine tore his bicep a few years back and he said the instant it tore he had some pretty nasty pain. His surgery went well and he is back to his normal routine these days with no signs of slowing down. Modern medicine is pretty amazing. I hope they get you fixed up right quick and that you aren't without your new guitar for very long..... :)

Take it easy and like some others have mentioned, fill your down time with some theory..... B)

Be well,

MJ

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 am

dsmarion wrote:
Hey Tom,

Really sorry to hear about your injury - even though it was avoidable (we're not kids anymore lol). Hopefully you will find time to do something musical during your recovery (editing, listening, theory studying, etc.). I actually may be in guitar hiatus myself as I have an ever-increasing issue with very painful nerve issues in my left hand which is very much limiting my playing time. I haven't visited the doctor yet and I am really dreading it to be honest.

Scott
Hi Scott,
Sounds like you need the kind of rest I am heading for. It's not always a good thing to work on through the pain barrier, as my old guitar teacher used to warn me. He played for 5 or 6 hours every day but had repetitive strain injuries and ended up with a couple of bad finger problems due to this. He had arthritis in his hands, so be warned! I sometimes play for hours, but I have regular breaks when my hands get sore.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Tom:

Sorry to hear about the injury.... :( A friend of mine tore his bicep a few years back and he said the instant it tore he had some pretty nasty pain. His surgery went well and he is back to his normal routine these days with no signs of slowing down. Modern medicine is pretty amazing. I hope they get you fixed up right quick and that you aren't without your new guitar for very long..... :)

Take it easy and like some others have mentioned, fill your down time with some theory..... B)

Be well,

MJ
Thanks MJ,
that is great to know. I am in the hands of the doc's, but that has put my mind at ease a bit thanks.

The pain was of the worst kind when it happened, I genuinely thought I had snapped a bone, but oddly I am really only in mild pain just now, unless I move my arm the wrong way that is.
Looks like the theory books will be dusted down. I will still be able to watch Neils videos lessons as well. Needless to say I will be back playing asap.

Cheers,

Tom.

frybaby

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:41 am

:( Getting old is a real drag.

First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down.

Personally, regarding sport activities, I am getting to an age when I can only enjoy the last sport left. It is called hunting for your spectacles.

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 pm

frybaby wrote:
:( Getting old is a real drag.

First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down.

Personally, regarding sport activities, I am getting to an age when I can only enjoy the last sport left. It is called hunting for your spectacles.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hey Jack, I actually laughed out loud when I read this, very funny! :)

Tom N.

MarkM

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Tom,

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Aging sucks.... I wish you a quick recovery and hope you have more patience than I do. To be honest I'm afraid to join a mens basketball league specifically because of the fear of injury. The mind still thinks I'm 18 but I know my body will quickly remind me that I'm not. Good luck.

MarkM

michelew

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Tom,

Ouch!!! You poor thing.

Well I hope the doctors fix you up real soon and that you're back not aging your age before you know it. :)

All the best.

Michele

AndyT

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Us older folks need to use our advantages. That means smaller goal nets as well as extra help manning it.

My prayers are with you on your recovery.

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:48 pm

MarkM wrote:
Tom,

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Aging sucks.... I wish you a quick recovery and hope you have more patience than I do. To be honest I'm afraid to join a mens basketball league specifically because of the fear of injury. The mind still thinks I'm 18 but I know my body will quickly remind me that I'm not. Good luck.

MarkM
Mark I obviously know what you mean about the injury thing. Personally I have always done one sport or another and will continue until I basically can't. This is the worst injury, or at least the most serious one I have had to date. It won't be the last I'm sure. Sport helps me combat stress and gives me a better quality of life overall and heck I enjoy it! :)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 pm

michelew wrote:
Tom,

Ouch!!! You poor thing.

Well I hope the doctors fix you up real soon and that you're back not aging your age before you know it. :)

All the best.

Michele
Thanks Michelle, no intention of acting my age any time soon. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic