Twang! Just bust a string!

daryl

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi Tom, Glad to hear things went well.

Can you explain how your bicep was "reattached"? Was in reattached to a tendon? Or was the tendon reattached to the arm bone? Were things sewed or stapled or glued back together? Was it done laparoscopically? I'm curious as to how these things are done. If it's too personal and you'd rather not talk about it, that's OK.

Daryl

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Willem[/quote]

Hi Willem, I can utilise my left arm for computer work, just a wee bit slower. The guitar won't come out until this has knitted nicely in a few weeks time and this fixed cast is off.

I can still edit the Christmas Jingle Bells video, so hope you are still practicing. :) Oh and I have already put together the special part of the video I previously mentioned, can't say too much. ;)

Tom N.[/quote]

Thats great to hear,,oh i stopped practising,,i think its all there and hope you can do something with it...ooooooh aaaaand i am very curiuos what you up to....but have patiens[/quote]

Willem I think you will like what I have done. Very Christmasy! ;) B)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:54 pm

daryl wrote:
Hi Tom, Glad to hear things went well.

Can you explain how your bicep was "reattached"? Was in reattached to a tendon? Or was the tendon reattached to the arm bone? Were things sewed or stapled or glued back together? Was it done laparoscopically? I'm curious as to how these things are done. If it's too personal and you'd rather not talk about it, that's OK.

Daryl
Hi Daryl,
I watched it on UTube before I went in for the Op' I had a Distal biceps rupture. The tendon had snapped from it's anchor on the bone, so they need to reattach or you lose up to 50% of your arm strength. There are two ways to do the op'. Old way has two openings one on the forearm about 4 or 5 inches long and one on the back of the forearm about one or two inches long. I had the new way which is one incision 4 or 5 inches long on the forearm. They find the broken part which is normally attached at the forearm but has now dissapeared up your arm with the bicep muscle. They then have to drill the bone on the forearm and I'm told they loop a kind of pulley system in place with sutures and just pull tight until everything is in place and tie it in. There's a bit more to it, but basically that is it. Distal biceps rupture operation, you can watch it on UTube. B)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Daryl, This will be close to how they did mine. Actually not such a big scar as I read about.

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Tom, I wish I had seen the video before you went in for surgery. Since I'm kinda handy with a utility knife and drill, and I have some spare fishing line and hooks ... I could have done that for half price. Hey, I'd even have thrown in a free root canal treatment ! Oh well, maybe next time ...

Pierre

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks

daryl

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Pierre, You're way too funny.

Tom, Thanks for the play by play. I had no idea it was so involved. I hope you heal quickly.

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 pm

daryl wrote:
Pierre, You're way too funny.

Tom, Thanks for the play by play. I had no idea it was so involved. I hope you heal quickly.
No problem Daryl, I always want to know how things are done. Now you have the inside story so to speak. As Pierre intimated it's just carpentry. :laugh: :laugh:

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Tom, I wish I had seen the video before you went in for surgery. Since I'm kinda handy with a utility knife and drill, and I have some spare fishing line and hooks ... I could have done that for half price. Hey, I'd even have thrown in a free root canal treatment ! Oh well, maybe next time ...

Pierre
Pierre, you had your chance, the guy next door did it though. He builds houses and he goes fishing so he had it sown up mate, all the right qualifications and of course a City and Guilds qualification to boot! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I saw online the operation costs $7000 American dollars. Well here in Britain it costs nothing and I was seen in three days. Good old NHS! (True)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic